💔💔!!...THE PAST(1)...!!💔💔

17 years ago,

"So, you are determined to marry her?" Lan Long Wei asked.

Lan Qingming looked straight at his father and nodded.

"We are already married," he said.

Lan Long Wei huffed. He couldn't even beat the shit out of this stupid son of his. Marrying a random woman he has known for a year only and that too without the Sect's permission! He was already planning to betroth his eldest son to Elder Lan Dan's granddaughter! And now this son....! Haishh!

Lan Qiren glanced between his father and elder brother and secretly sighed. He doesn't want to be here at all. Last year, his brother just turned 18 and attended classes with the other guest disciples, all 17-18 years of age. Lan Qiren was 16 and the Head of Discipline, so he knew quite a few students even if he didn't attend classes alongside them.

Notorious ones like Cangse Sanren, the five-tailed fox with potential to have nine, maybe even immortality and the highlight of the cultivation world recently.

Infamous ones like Yu Ziyuan. Talented ones like Wei Changze. Unnecessarily pompous ones like Jin Guangshan and many more so.

And last but not the least, Shen Meili, his brother's apparent love interest and an excellent Apothecary.

His brother, somehow became fast friends with the rogue cultivator, Wei Changze and infatuated with another rogue, Shen Meili.

Now, he sat in horror as his brother declared his intentions to marry....or should he say declared his intentions to bring his wedded wife home?

"Qiren, can you please bring your Saozi to Jingshi?" Lan Qingming asked. Lan Qiren nodded and left.

(Saozi- Elder brother's wife)

The guest disciples are yet to leave! What has his brother done?

......

Shen Meili was standing outside, looking at her feet, lost. Her eyes seemed especially blank and her face pale.

At the sound of footsteps, she looked up, startled.

"S-Saozi," he greeted, looking away awkwardly.

Shen Meili pressed her lips and nodded, not saying anything.

He guided her towards Jingshi. Jingshi was a bit isolated from the rest of the houses of the main family. But Lan Qiren knew why his brother has chosen it for her. Being an Apothecary, she would naturally like to grow her own herbs and Jingshi has a huge garden, conveniently serving the purpose.

Shen Meili stepped inside the house wordlessly and Lan Qiren sighed.

Back then, he should have noticed that something was wrong with her. Why did he never consider that there might be a deeper reason behind their hasty marriage other than his brother's obsession? Perhaps, fate was planned so from the start.

......

Three months and one opulent wedding later, Lan Qiren sat with his sister-in-law as she vomited violently after having eaten certain herbs.

"How long?" He asked, expecting the worst.

"Four months."

Fuck it.

......

As the pregnancy progressed, Shen Meili began acting more and more weird. She was always looking blankly at everything except her plants, sometimes she would harm herself. Other times she would talk to herself. No medicine or meditation helped. As a result, she was deemed unfit to care for her own children when they were born because she was mentally ill.