😐😐..WHO IS 'SHE'?..😐😐

The next morning Wei Wuxian woke up alone. He blinked furiously as memories of last night flashed in front of his eyes. And indeed, he was sleeping in Lan Zhan's room, on his bed right now.

It was a little past 5 in the morning, but the warmth next to him was long gone. Wei Wuxian sat up, dressed in Lan Wangji's robes and held his head in his hands. What the fuck has he done?? What the hell was he thinking?

He stumbled down from the bed and went out hoping to see Lan Wangji in the main hall but the house was empty.

On the table was a small note.

'Wei Ying,

Something urgent came up. I have to go. Breakfast is in the kitchen.

Lan Wangji.'

No explanation. Nothing about last night. Wei Wuxian smiled bitterly. What did he expect? Cuddles and confessions of love after a night of love-making?

Lan Zhan was gone now. Probably to his actual family. 

Wei Wuxian, still, put the small note in between his favourite book for safekeeping before going about his day. He has a morning banquet to attend, after all.

....

"What??" Lan Xichen frowned immediately after he heard his brother-in-law.

Wei Wuxian couldn't even bring himself to explain more and just silently stared at nothing.

"Wuxian, did anything happen? Wangji.... He did something, didn't he?" Lan Xichen asked, concerned.

Wei Wuxian lowered his head and shook it. He was the one who did it. Lan Zhan... He was drunk. Wei Wuxian just then realised, that Lan Wangji didn't even say his name when they were intimate yesterday.

He only used endearments which probably weren't even meant for him.

"So? He just left in the morning? Does he not care about the banquet?" Lan Xichen muttered to himself, frustrated. His father is going to be enraged this time, for sure.

"Xichen. A-Xian. Where is Wangji? The guests are waiting," Qingheng-Jun said as he approached them.

Lan Xichen looked at Wei Wuxian who was wide-eyed and rapidly thinking of a lie.

"G-Gonggong, Lan Zhan is away to get something I asked him to," he hurriedly explained.

"Away? What about the banquet?" As expected, Lan Qingming frowned.

Wei Wuxian laughed awkwardly.

"It's alright. I will see off all the guests by myself. It's just breakfast anyway," he assured and Qingheng-Jun reluctantly nodded.

However, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli were not happy seeing Wei Wuxian alone, without his husband by his side.

"Important work for you? Wei Wuxian, who are you fooling?" Jiang Wanyin gritted his teeth, once the three siblings were alone.

Wei Wuxian bit his lip and looked away.

"A-Xian, is Lan-Er-Gongzi mistreating you? Is he.." Jiang Yanli worriedly asked when her eyes caught the red bruises on his wrist. Wei Wuxian covered them with his sleeve and blushed. He obviously cannot say he liked it rough with his husband to his sister.

Jiang Cheng, however turned purple seeing the marks.

"Wei Wuxian! Why are you silent? Tell A-Jie, what she asked!" He shouted.

"Aiyah Jiang Cheng... It's not like that. Do you really want to know what us married people do in our rooms..?" Wei Wuxian joked as Jiang Cheng pushed him away in disgust.