📒📒.....MOTHER'S JOURNAL.....📒📒

If the three disciples noticed the strange behaviour of Wei Wuxian on the way back to Gusu, they didn't comment. Lan Ru and Lan Hao were mostly fine and they reached Cloud Recesses in no time.

The first person Wei Wuxian went to after arriving was his brother-in-law.

"Cousins? No, I have never heard of any," Lan Xichen commented, frowning.

"Really? Then here, in Cloud Recesses? Or outside?" Wei Wuxian questioned nervously. Lan Xichen shook his head in denial.

"Wuxian, is everything fine?" Lan Xichen asked, setting down his teacup.

Wei Wuxian bit his lips but didn't confess anything and smiled and nodded.

Lan Xichen was not very convinced but didn't pry. 

....

Three days later, Lan-Er-Gongzi returned. It was evening when a disciple reported him that he was requested to eat dinner together with the family. The last person Wei Wuxian wanted to see now was Lan Wangji.

Yes, it was a sham marriage. But they had taken vows together! How could....

No. No. It must be some street kid Lan Wangji picked up.

But looking at his new robes and toys.... He looked pampered, if not very rich.

Wei Wuxian dragged himself to Hanshi, unwillingly.

"Ah, A-Xian is here," Lan Qingming waved his hand, smiling. Wei Wuxian forced a smile on his face, if only for his Uncle and sat down after greeting everyone. Lan Wangji just looked at him and nodded.

Wei Wuxian stopped himself from bombarding him with questions.

Dinner was a silent affair and Wei Wuxian was going crazy thinking of that child. Though, he didn't really see the child's face properly, Lan Wangji was smiling at him! SMILING! He rarely smiled at his own blood brother, forget about Wei Wuxian, his uncle or his father!

But Wei Wuxian had a different problem which was much more important right now. 

He had traced down the only pair who had tied down their animal spirits together!

Lan Yi. And his own Grandmaster!

Lan Yi was a pure descendant of Lan An and a dragon. His Grandmaster, Baoshan Sanren was a Zhuque (a vermilion bird).

But that was that. Baoshan Sanren did attain immortality but Lan Yi died. 

When, Wei Wuxian first saw the book in the library, he was conflicted. Does it mean either Lan Zhan or he, have to die?

Lan Yi's book was personal, filled with mundane things, but Wei Wuxian knew from one look through it, to confirm that she was in love with her best friend, Baoshan Sanren. Hence, she gave up her spirit stone to Baoshan Sanren and hence, died.

It was a reckless and untried method but she did it.

Wei Wuxian was doubtful either he or Lan Wangji would be willing to do that, not counting the fact that his husband could have a family outside!

But still, Wei Wuxian didn't hesitate sharing his findings with the others who were stunned speechless.

Especially Lan Wangji, who was biting his lips, looking down.

"No wonder, she was banished from the Sect," Lan Qiren commented, stroking his goatee thoughtfully.

"Ba-Banished?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Lan Yi was the first female Sect Leader of Gusu Lan. She was said to be outstanding but unfortunately....." Qingheng-Jun sighed.

"Then, is this not a dead-end?" Lan Xichen asked, worried.