😦😦!!...A CHILD...!!😦😦

"Wuxian," Lan Xichen smiled and greeted. Wei Wuxian dropped the book he was furiously reading, startled.

His eyes immediately darted to Lan Xichen's horns. Deep blue like the night sky.....

"Xichen-Ge, what... That Lan Zhan....," He trailed, unsure.

Lan Xichen took pity on him and smiled, settling down opposite him.

"Yes. I know what questions you have right now. It's true.... Wangji doesn't have a colour to his scales," he said and observed how serious Wei Wuxian became immediately.

"But why...or how?" Wei Wuxian asked, confused.

Lan Xichen shook his head.

"I do not know. Neither does Wangji. However, Fuqin and Shufu..," he remarked, pointedly.

Wei Wuxian took in the information, slightly baffled.

And in a moment of truth, it suddenly hit him!

Of course..... How could he not see that earlier? The hasty marriage, Lan Zhan's colourless scales and his own seven tails, never advancing to an eighth!

"Xichen-Ge, let's go find Lan-Shu-..... Uh.. I mean Gonggong right now!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed and Lan Xichen didn't show any surprise and instead led him away.

(Gonggong- Father-in-law)

On the way, they met Lan Wangji, returning after taking a class. Lan Wangji didn't say anything, but his eyes narrowed between the two of them. And Lan Xichen calmly took a step away from Wei Wuxian.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian rushed to him, grabbing his sleeves.

"Where is Wei Ying going with Xiongzhang?" Lan Wangji asked as he automatically tucked away a strand of hair on Wei Wuxian's face. Lan Xichen raised a brow at his action but Lan Wangji ignored him.

"Come with me! Let's go to Gonggong," he insisted and Lan Wangji frowned but followed his husband and brother to Qingheng-Jun's study.

....

"You found out, right?" Lan Qingming said, sipping the tea Wei Wuxian poured him. It tasted exactly the way he liked and he couldn't help but think that the child is so much like Changze. Always considerate of others.....

Wei Wuxian glanced at Lan Wangji and nodded.

"Alright. It's true I arranged your marriage for this particular reason," Qingheng-Jun sighed, confessing. All three of them perked up at his words.

"A-Xian, this marriage was something I, Changze and Cangse had decided when you were children," Wei Wuxian knew that information and nodded.

 "It's as you guessed. Your cultivation are stuck at a point," he calmly said as Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian in surprise.

"But my core..." Wei Wuxian was pretty sure his spiritual energy was higher than Jiang Cheng's who was a talented cultivator himself!

"Those are two different things. You golden cores as well as your spirit cultivation should only depend on your yourselves. But... But something happened, and your animal spirits were intertwined," he explained trying to keep the major secrets away. It wasn't the time yet....

Lan Wangji clenched his jaw. No wonder, no wonder....even if he had a golden core comparable to his brother, his scales remained colourless!

Wei Wuxian was dumbfounded. What about his eighth and ninth tail??? He is incomplete without them!!!

Lan Xichen understood the seriousness of the situation and questioned further, "Then Fuqin, how can they have the breakthrough for their spirit cultivation?"