@actuallyyangjungwon: Eternity

"When you know, you'll just know

"When you know, you'll just know. You won't feel the feelings. The sky won't open up and the angels won't sing down on you - "

"-Angels don't sing down on us, anyway. I think it goes with the territory."

"- UGH. Anyway, you'll just be aware."

"Exactly. It's to protect them and help us. No one ever wants one another right away. You just know that's the person. If we developed real feelings before they've turned... well, to my knowledge that's never happened so don't worry over it."

"Yeah, if that happened it would be entirely too Twilight. Which just isn't a thing."

"Side note: you guys should hate on Twilight less. It's not a bad story. Plus, I'm ready to move, we've been here too long, and we are not Cullens!"

"Your opinion is irrelevant here-you 'matched' in."

"WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?!" I interrupted the group and turned on my heel, exasperated, heading up to my room.

"No one is trying to upset you, Wonnie. Everyone just wants to help".

"I'm tired and I'm done talking, so my brain is closed for all telepathic communication," I answered as kindly as possible whilst still maintaining a touch of sarcasm.

Welcome to life with me and my brothers.

Well...afterlife. Hold up - that's ghosts.

No, more like...living dead? No, that's Zombies.

WTF we're vampires. Undead? Is it Undead??

It's 'Undead'. Alright, bet.

Welcome to being undead with me and my brothers and their respective significant others, even though we're eternally 19- 23 years old. (To be clear to the reader, this is international age. K thanks - YJW)

Tonight is a night like any other. My brothers giving me yet another pep talk regarding the ongoing search for the love of my... well, not "life". Eternity? The love of my eternity.

Hmm...When you think of it that way it seems like a lot. Can you love someone forever? Like forever? Not just forever.

Anyway, this has become a whole thing because it's my turn. This has become a nightly discussion as of late because it's been my turn for over a decade now. We've lived here for four years, lived in the area for even more, and we can't stay much longer, but we know that they're here. I know they're here. That's why we moved here to start with.

Problem is that people would definitely notice that we've been the same age for a decade.

But I'll get back to that.

A long time ago...like, literal centuries ago, my 3 brothers and I were in a fire. We all remember it. We aren't really sure how it started.

We remember waking up to hearing our mother scream, begging someone to get us out. We remember someone crashing into our bedroom and picking us up to get us to safety. Later, I wondered how one person could pick all four of us up, but in that moment my eyes were thick with sleep and I couldn't even comprehend what was happening. We remember the smell of the burning and smoke. I remember the smoke filling up my lungs.

Then I remember nothing. That is, until I woke up. We were in a big, fancy house. We were in nice, new clothes. There wasn't a scratch or a burn on us. That's when it was explained to us:

The man who spoke with us had been a friend of our mother. He was the one she was calling to save us. He didn't say how or why they knew one another and we never asked, though we'd never seen him before.

He told us that when he got us out of the house, all four of us were near death from smoke inhalation. So, he did what he had to do. As a result, my brothers and I were going to exist forever.

In short: We almost died in a fire, we were rescued by a vampire, and we were turned into vampires to save us from certain death.

At the time of our not- death, my oldest brother, Heeseung, was 23. My brother Sunghoon was 21. I was 20. Our youngest brother, Riki, was 19.

And yes, we still all lived at home. It was like 200 years ago. Don't judge.

For the majority of the first century of being undead, we just sort of had a good time. I'm sure if you're a human and happen to live a hundred years it seems like a super long time, but for us it's the blink of an eye.

We travelled everywhere. We ate some people (I mean, look, we're vampires, I'm sorry, this is just part of it. Don't panic - we aren't murderers). We fought werewolves. We even low-key saved countries. We found out we have super-cool powers. Not what people think of when thinking of vampire lore - turning into bats, but like super speed and super hearing and super sight. And other ✨ super ✨ things.

Turns out that, like Twilight, we CAN go out in the daytime. Unlike Twilight, it doesn't have to be foggy and dreary because we don't sparkle.  A lot of vampire things aren't accurate.

Plus, we had money. I know you've watched vampire movies OTHER THAN Twilight. Have you ever seen a poor vampire? No? It's because they don't exist. You get a castle for a reason.
Money just isn't a thing. I don't know if it's a vampire rule. It just always appears.

What DOESN'T always appear, apparently, but is SUPPOSED to appear, is your match.

THAT'S why my brothers are driving me insane. Mine still hasn't shown up. The pressure to find that person at this point has been overwhelming, and we as vampires aren't meant to feel strong emotions. Which makes me even more nervous. I've been feeling strong emotions for a minute now.

This is a problem in-and-of itself, because the person waiting on their match isn't supposed to feel worried about it.

Unless you're on your way back to humanity, or already matched, you aren't meant to have feelings. Not for long.

Plus, we want to be a family, but there is a very real fear that my brothers will give up hope and move on.

We've been waiting - well, I've been waiting and they've been harassing me - ever since I was led here. I can't make it go any faster. What if I missed it? What if I was wrong? I think their biggest fear is that I've somehow overlooked them. That they either can't or won't appear.

We can't move on with our non-lives until they appear.

My brothers, therefore, are making my non-life miserable.