@actuallyyangjungwon: Overprotective Brothers

"Let me get this straight

"Let me get this straight. A HUMAN drove you home?" My brother was RAGING.

"Wait, Hee, calm down!" Even Jake was caught off guard, "I'm sure there's a valid reason."

"There is no acceptable reason," Heeseung said to Jake, then turned to look at me, "we have been here for a very, very long time because of YOU, Jungwon. Why in the world would you try and fuck it up? Do you have any idea how worried I was when Riki called to say someone else was bringing you home??? Do you have any idea how risky that was??!!"

"Heeseung, I didn't think - "

"You're exactly right, Jungwon! You didn't think! You never think! Ever! You don't think about your next steps, you don't think about our future, you don't think to take care of yourself! You can't just.... exist!"

I looked around, a wide-eyed Jake standing next to my oldest brother, Sunghoon, arms crossed standing next to an obviously-nervous-but-trying-to-be-supportive Sunoo, and Riki, sitting on the sofa, clearly feeling guilty for saying anything to start with.

"This isn't your fault; you don't have to hang your head".

Riki looked up at me, a half-smile and a nod at my soundless words. "I'm really sorry, Jungwon. I hope you had a good time, though."

"Well, that's a whole different story..I'll-"

I noticed Heeseung look from me to Riki, his face reddening even more.

"ARE YOU TWO COMMUNICATING TELEPATHICALLY?! Is that how sneaky you two are now?!"

At this point, I was angrier and more annoyed than hurt. "So what?" I spit my words at Heeseung, "it's not like I can talk to YOU about anything! If you're in such a big hurry, just fucking leave! You don't have to stay here for me!" I turned to Sunghoon, "and neither do you!"

I walked across the living room, turning rather dramatically to face my brother. "Oh, and just FYI Heeseung, since you care so much? That "human"? He's my fucking match".

When I got to the end of the hall, the sound of the door to my room slamming behind me was immensely satisfying.

I plopped myself down on my bed, looking out the giant picture window at the busy street and the water below. It was a surprisingly sunny day for Seattle.

I had fully intended to sit with Sunoo and tell him about everything when I got home, but then Heeseung went psycho. If anything, it was his emotions becoming dangerously human, not mine. He was becoming obsessive and hyperfixated. Honestly, at this point, I wish he and Jake would just go. If Sunghoon wanted to go, he could go, too. Sunoo isn't mine and I'm not begging him to keep them here.

I'm tired. I'm tired of the pressure and the scrutiny. I'm tired of being "the reason" why everyone is doing everything. "We're doing this for you", "this is because of you". I don't want it anymore.