@actuallyyangjungwon: Creepy Stalker

The reply hadn't been a big deal

The reply hadn't been a big deal. It was just Jay asking what I was doing later and if I wanted to study. But you would think he just proposed the way that Riki was bouncing around.

"Calm down," I hissed through gritted teeth, "everyone is looking at you!"

"Correct," my brother laughed, "because apparently I'm so fine." He laughed as I rolled my eyes. "No, but seriously, before you answer, we should probably scope out the library. I'm assuming that's where he wants to study".

I knew what he meant. Heeseung always thoroughly examines schools we go to in order to make sure there weren't too many mirrors - or sometimes even reflective windows - in the rooms we would frequent. He had checked, of course, but we needed to make sure the exact areas. Sometime windows were sneaky. Like, if you studied in the daytime no one would notice, but one light in the wrong place at night and all of the sudden a window was a whole mirror.

We walked into the library immediately relieved to see that the windows were few and far between and were more like tiny columns of light above the bookcases.

"This looks safe," Riki said, "text him - "

"Jungwon?" I looked up in surprise to see Jay as Riki and I rounded the bookcase. Jay let out a small laugh, "I asked if you wanted to study later, I didn't say right this second."

My face turned bright red. "No, I...I - "

"He was helping me find a book," Riki took my hand and pulled me away from Jay.

"No, wait, I was just teasing!" Jay laughed, but Riki just called over his shoulder that we'd see him later.

"Why did we leave if he was just teasing?" I asked Riki.

"Because I have no idea what you were going to do, and it was better to just run. Now, we - "

"Jungwon!!" Jay called out, earning and shush from the librarian. I turned around, wide-eyed. "You never answered me. Do you want to study later?"

"S-Sure," I nodded, "back here?"

"I was thinking at the coffee shop. Around the corner? 7:00?"

"Ok," I smiled and nodded, "See you then!"

Riki grabbed me by my elbow, steering me through the library. "Like hell you will," he hissed, "that coffee shop is in the dead ass middle of the square with about a thousand windows. At night. What are you gonna do?"

_________________________________

After much deliberation and some time staking out the coffee shop, Riki and I decided that I could never go there to study. I was so frustrated.

"So what do I do now?" I asked my big younger brother, "cancel?"

Riki sighed, then nodded, "I don't think you have a choice."