@actuallyyangjungwon: Party

Sunoo was crying hysterically,  pressing a cold cloth against my back

Sunoo was crying hysterically,  pressing a cold cloth against my back. Sunghoon had run down to the drug store to get some first aid items. We'd never had to have those before.

Riki paced back and forth, unsure what to do.

"Sunoo, it's okay, it doesn't hurt," I said softly, trying to calm down my best friend.

"NO ONE CARES IF IT HURTS, WONNIE! YOU'RE BLEEDING AND YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BLEED!"  Sunoo's words came out like little hiccups between the hysterical tears.

Sunghoon came running in, slamming the door behind him as he dumped out probably all the first aid products in the drug store onto the kitchen table.

"I didn't know what we needed, so I just bought everything".

The bleeding had long since stopped. Sunoo, who had been alive the most recently and new slightly more about modern medicine, put some clear liquid on a cotton ball and said he was going to clean it. "This is going to sting" he said.

It didn't.

"That's a good thing, though, right!?! It's good that it doesn't hurt," Riki said, enthusiastically.

"Yes, actually, it's a very good thing," Sunghoon agreed.

A less cautious Sunoo slathered a thick gel on the scrape and bandaged it up.  His sobs and lessened and he seemed to feel the same relief that my brothers did.

"This can't keep on," Sunoo said, washing his hands from the first aid, "you HAVE to bite him."

"I thought you were on my side," I pouted.

"I'm on the side of my best friend staying immortal. This is a far too close call!"

Sunghoon and Riki nodded.

"Well, you'll be happy to know that I talked to him today. For a long time. In fact, I need to call him or text him."

I went to pick up my phone but Sunghoon grabbed it away from me.

"Wha - do you want me to do this or not?" I asked, confused.

"I do, but Sunoo and I have an idea." He looked over at his husband who nodded, and gestured to him to continue.

"We were thinking about how you want to do this the 'right' way," Sunoo looked over at Sunghoon, who nodded, "and, I understand you to a degree. That you have feelings for him and you want something real since this feels different than what you thought a match should look like.  But what are you really looking for?"

"I don't know, to be honest," I began. I plopped down on the couch across from my brothers.  I laughed to myself as I looked at the two of them, Sunoo sitting on the edge of the couch like an attentive mother, Sunghoon with his arm around him.

"Actually, I do," I began, "It's like...Jake needed help. He was going to die if Heeseung hadn't bitten him.  Sunoo, you basically were dead. There doesn't seem to be anything dangerous or deadly happening with Jay. A part of me thought maybe I was supposed to wait for it? Like...what if there is something about to happen and that's the moment. But then today..."