@actuallyyangjungwon: Meeting

I need to sit down and talk to someone

I need to sit down and talk to someone. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Even if I see my match and I know in advance, my understanding is that I just don't feel anything. There isn't anything complicated to it. The time comes and I just know. Immediately. 

Does this mean that something is going to happen to this guy like, today?  Maybe that's why I immediately know. But even so, just the thought of him makes my heart race. My heart that isn't even really supposed to work at all. My face doesn't turn red, I don't feel embarrassed.  But all of these things are happening all at once. I feel attracted to someone, and that is an extremely unfamiliar feeling. No, surely something is going to happen soon and I'll have to intervene.

Maybe I should keep an eye out, just to be sure.  I kept looking at my phone to see what Sunoo said, and he wasn't texting back, which was super weird.

At lunch I found my brother. 

On the way to our first day, Riki and I had decided that without Heeseung around to monitor us, we were going to live our best non-life.  We're going to be normal college students.  We're going to make friends. We're going to enjoy ourselves.  I did not anticipate my brother to be surrounded by a bunch of girls falling all over themselves over him. I smiled and waved.

"That's my brother, I gotta go," Riki said to his new groupies, turning around and waving as he walked off.

"Awww, Riki! Can we come?" one of the girls asked.

"Nah," Riki shook his head, "my brother and I need to talk".  The girl pouted as Riki slung his arm around my shoulder. "I got your text," he whispered, "what the hell?  That's not how it's supposed to work!"

"I know!" I hissed back, "I texted Sunoo, but I haven't heard back yet and I can't ask anyone else."

"Well, this entire process has definitely been non-traditional for you," Riki pointed out, "and so it makes sense for you to have a non-traditional match. Although I thought you were going to get a girl this time," he laughed.

I shrugged, "It didn't matter, but I thought so, too," I nodded toward the group of girls staring and giggling at my brother, "but I'm pretty sure you're going to."

"It's kinda fun," he whispered conspiratorially, "I didn't know I was hot," he laughed.

"How could we?" I asked, "we've never been allowed to even talk to anyone, let alone see anyone".

Riki looked back at the girls one more time. One of the girls was looking at me and giggling.

"Hey, Melody!" Riki called, "This is my brother, Jungwon!"

I bowed politely.  I mean, we are still Korean, no matter how long we've lived here. It's important to be traditional and polite.

"OMG he's so adorable!!" one girl squealed.

"Hey Jungwon!" the girl named Melody waved, face red, "Nice to meet you! I hope to see you around soon!"

I smiled and waved as Riki and I walked away. "Why did you do that?" I sighed, "I already have a match. I think. And since when are you even interested in stuff like that?"