@actuallyyangjungwon: Heeseung's Match

When we got to Brisbane, we had absolutely no idea what to do next

It showed.

Telepathy led us to a family of vampires that owned a large home. They helped us find our own home nearby. "You could be here a while," they told us, "It took us 15 years to find one another."

"FIFTEEN?!?!" Riki shouted, "Whaaaaat? The weird lady told us like 10 max."

"Oh, no, it can take much longer. You just have to make sure you don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle."

In the meantime, Heeseung was committed to living his life as normal and just eventually running into the love of his life. He was much more at peace knowing he was where he was supposed to be, and that the visions didn't mean an eternity of losing his mind.

Riki, Sunghoon, and I, however, were BORED. We had never been restricted on where to go. Australia was great, and once we didn't feel trapped, we knew we would love being there. But I could see why the mysterious lady said that families don't always make it together. It's a different feeling, being restricted by your brother's needs. TRULY restricted.

To pass the time, Riki and Heeseung started going out to the park and playing games with others "our age". There was a game called Rugby that had started in the late 1800's/early 1900's. When we had traveled through Australia during our care-free not-following-strings vampire days, they had both really wanted to try it. They met with some other guys in the park almost every day and played. They even joined a team.

Sometimes Sunghoon and I would go watch the matches just to pass the time, but it seemed a little bit boring and honestly, dangerous for our brothers. It was a game full of injuries and blood and, well, they never had any. One-time Riki should have broken his hand and he snapped it back in place. It was a huge relief that no one saw it.

After the games everyone would go to the local pub. In the United States there was Prohibition that prevented people from purchasing alcohol at all, but in Australia the pubs that existed could still serve alcohol. It was just that no one could get new permits for a while. The pubs were kinda full and few and far between.

Sometimes Sunghoon and I came with them. One thing great about being a vampire is that we can still feel alcohol. Just not to the extent humans do. We don't get sloppy.

On the fateful day, there was a pretty aggressive and volatile game between our brothers's team and the opponents. There seemed to be some extremely intense arguments between our team's left wing and the opposing teams inside center. Both of them ultimately were kicked out of the game.

So you can imagine the misfortune when we all ended up at the same pub.

Typically, being as these are just friendly competitions, there are no hard feelings and, honestly, a few drinks in no one cares. But Mr. Left Wing was staring at Mr. Inside Center for a long time. And the more alcohol he got into his system - quickly - the worse it got.

"This doesn't look good for their Center," I said to my brothers. He looked ready to kill him as soon as he gets the chance.

Heeseung looked up from the table from his teammate, following his line of sight to the bar. He almost dropped his glass.

"That's him." He said.

"Who?" Sunghoon asked.

"HIM. My match,"

Heeseung realized that the man had been blurry the entire game. He had never gotten a good look at him. But now that he did, he was certain

"Oh my God, Look," I said, gesturing toward Heeseung's teammate with my head.

The Center had gotten up from the bar and headed to the bathroom. The Left Wing slammed his glass down, wiped his mouth off, and got up to go to the bathroom as well.

It wasn't much longer before the Center came back out, blood on his shirt, stumbling out of the bar. We all got up and raced into the men's room, Riki with his back to the door so that no one else could come in.

Heeseung's match was laying there, barely breathing, almost beaten to death.

"It's time," Sunghoon said, "He'll never make it if you don't do it now."

Heeseung leaned into the man's neck and bared his teeth.

When the man woke up, he looked disoriented and confused, but looked directly at my brother and everything in his expression changed.  Same for Heeseung.

"Wow," Heeseung whispered. 

He helped the man up who still had blood on him. We could see that his cuts and bruises were healing swiftly.

"We'd better get him out of here before someone notices his miraculous improvement," Sunghoon told Heeseung.

Heeseung nodded and together with Sunghoon picked up the man to carry him out of the pub.

"Where are we going?" the man asked.

"Home," Heeseung answered.

__________________________________

The man's name was Jake, and he and Heeseung immediately got a long really well. You could see the sparks but they also seemed unsure what to do with them at first, which I didn't expect. I thought if you felt Big Love that you would immediately want to run off into the sunset together. I think Heeseung was just kind of thrown that it was a guy. But he acknowledged that as soon as he turned he knew that he could never exist without him.

I think another part of the problem was that literally none of us knew what to expect with the new addition. But as time passed, we got into a steady and comfortable groove and Heeseung and Jake were able to be more affectionate with one another. I was surprised that Jake was the same age as Sunghoon as he looked a bit younger. But what do I know, I've turned twenty like 150 times.

So now I guess we go on, existing as we were, seeing what not-life brings us next.