"Ummm....What IS This?"

I had been writing the outline of the chapters in a notebook

I had been writing the outline of the chapters in a notebook. Now that Jake had drawn attention to hearing my computer non-stop, even though he now knew what was going on I was fearful that Jay - presumably one of my closest and most affectionate "friends", would wander into my room and beg to read what I'd been working on. 

I threw myself a curveball when I wrote that I was blurry versus Jay. It just came tumbling onto the page, it wasn't what I had planned until the second it came out.  When I went to revise it, I couldn't think of anything to put in its place. So, I thought a lot about what I had written so far in the book, and I think that I have an idea.  I hope it works.

Sunoo, as usual without knocking, walked into my room and sat down on the overstuffed chair next to my bed. 

"Hey Sun," I said, not looking up from my paper but instead continuing with my outline. The way I have found my writing works best is to open up and title the chapters in the order that I think I want them and then change/add/etc if I decide it doesn't work.  I have started putting ideas down in my notebook just sort of in a stream of consciousness in case I find somewhere I'd like to put them.

"Wonniiieeeee," Sunoo whispered sweetly after kindly waiting a few minutes for me to finish what I was doing.

I looked up, suspicious. "Yeess?" I asked tentatively.

"Guess what just happened?" Sunoo had a beaming smile on his face. I shrugged and went back to my notebook.

"Sunghoon proposed?" I guessed, only half-joking.

"What? NO! We're too young!"

I could hear the smile in his voice, and looked at him out of the corner of my eye to see him smiling very big, even though I know that isn't what happened.

"Well then, what is it?" I sighed, setting my notebook down next to me and turning toward him to give him my full attention.

Sunoo took a deep breath, "Sunghoon..." he began, and I rolled my eyes, but Sunoo laughed and continued,  "said Jay came to see him earlier, about the time he finished reading".

"Wait - WHAT?"

He certainly had my attention now.

Sunoo nodded excitedly.

"Well?  What did he say?" I asked, feeling a pounding in my chest, " Did he think it was stupid? Was he happy about it? Mad about it? What???"

"Well," Sunoo began, "basically he was wondering about the book in general. Sunghoon said he came to our room and sat down with him and basically asked 'What is this? Where did it come from, and why did Sunoo show it to us?'"

My eyes widened.  "And??  What did Sunghoon say?"

"OMG he apparently played it so cool. He said 'Sunoo has been into these stories from a while now, especially the ones about me and him. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to sneakily show everyone a story about us that wasn't soley focused on us'"

I looked at Sunoo, frowning.

"What?" Sunoo asked, "What's wrong?"

"Well, he took the focus off of the JayWon part which was the entire point." I was a little bit irritated, but Sunoo continued to smile brightly.

"Nope, just let me finish," he said, "so then Jay said, 'Ok, but...the chapter where we meet at the university? Outside at lunch?  That...that was almost word for word exactly what he and I said when we met. You were there.' "

My frown became a very wide smile, "I knew that would get him. At least make him think," then I thought of something and panicked, "Wait - please don't tell me Sunghoon blew that off as coincidence."

"Of course not," Sunoo pouted, "Sunghoon has your back, of course. No, he just told him that he should keep reading it and see what happens. He said Jay said he was planning on it."

I jumped up from my bed and pulled Sunoo out of the chair to give him a huge hug. "Give this to Hoonie for me!" I exclaimed, squeezing him tightly.

Sunoo laughed, squeezing me back, "I will," he giggled, then added, "I mean, I can make out with him too for you, if you want," and winked.

I laughed, "I'm good, you can do that on your own behalf".

Sunoo sauntered out of my bedroom. "On it, bitch".

I laughed as my best friend closed the door behind him, full of sass as always.

__________________________________

Recording was done for the new album, and now it was time to learn some choreo. We all gathered in the practice room for the first time in what seemed like a while, but really wasn't that long. We were just coming off of the longest break we'd had.

"I know you guys are out of shape, probably," our choreographer said, "So let's just warm up with some old routines."

I was really nervous.  This was the first time I had really spent any time with Jay since we got back a few days ago, and so much had happened since then.  I was worried I'd act like something was up. Or worse, overcompensating to prove that there wasn't something up.

But, happily, everything seemed to be fine. He seemed unsuspicious and his normal self around me, which was a huge relief.  Sunghoon, Sunoo, and Jake didn't let on that they thought anything was weird or different.

It felt good to dance again.  I never thought I'd say that, since it isn't what I went to university for - even as a back-up - , and I had only thought of myself as a singer but turns out I'm pretty damn good at dancing. 

The new routines were difficult, but we had a full two months until our comeback since they had let us take a break basically the second that our last promotions were complete. Being that it was a mini-album, we knew that we could easily learn those routines, so we weren't being pushed too hard. At least, not yet.

As we walked out of practice, I felt an arm sling over my shoulders and was kind of surprised to see it was Jay. I had thought for sure it would be Jake.

"Jungwon, we haven't even talked at all since I got back.  What's been going on? You've seemed really busy," I looked over to find him pouting adorably.

I couldn't help but giggle, "quit your pouting," I said, "This is the life of a leader," I pulled my arm around his back so that we each had one arm around the other.

"If that's so," Jay said, "then we need to change it at least a little and get you out more. Do you want to go to dinner tomorrow night?"

"I-I..." my eyes widened, and my throat tightened as I stuttered to answer, "If our schedule is clear, then sure. Of course!"  I tried to show more happiness than fear in my voice but it wasn't working well.

"Awesome!" He pulled away, giving me a pat on the back, "I'll see if that's cool with everyone else!"

"Oh...OK" I whispered to his back as I saw him run up to Ni-Ki, who nodded enthusiastically when Jay asked him.

Ugh.