@actuallyyangjungwon: A "Really Small" Seminar

So, I guess Jay had begun this "seminar" he'd been approved for

So, I guess Jay had begun this "seminar" he'd been approved for. At least, that's what I want to believe. I don't want to believe that I'm being avoided. That I really have blown it.  I mean, if I could have prevented what happened, I definitely would have, but how could I have ever guessed??  I've spent centuries avoiding windows and mirrors because I knew I couldn't be seen. Never in a million years would I have thought that my reflection would bring this weird, new set of problems.  

"Still nothing?" Riki interrupted my thoughts as he plopped down in the seat next to me.

I looked at him solemnly and shook my head, laying my head on the table in front of me in an exasperated thud. 

"Well..." Riki sighed as he threw his arm over my shoulder, "What's the plan now? What are we doing - WOAH - What?"

I looked up at Riki, unsurprised by his shock as large, heavy tears rolled down my face.

"Jungwon. You're ... crying.  We're not-" he thought the better of it and lowered his voice to a whisper, "We're not supposed to cry."  He looked at me with genuine fear in his eyes. "We have to do something, Jungwon, this is too human. This is too dangerous."

I shook my head, "No, Riki, there isn't anything to be done right now."

Riki let out an exasperated sigh, now taking his turn to plop his head onto the table, "what can you possibly mean by that?"

"I just have this feeling.  Plus, I kinda think the human emotion thing was bullshit."

Riki looked at me confused. "What do you mean? We don't have the same intensity of emotion.  I don't think I've cried since the fire."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean the emotion wasn't there. We were happy just to exist and travel the world and do fun things.  The whole not worrying thing? That was because there really wasn't anything to worry about. Honestly, I think we've always had the capacity for more significant emotion and just thought we weren't supposed to. Which, I would totally say is toxic masculinity, but for the sake of this argument we'll just say toxic vampire canon."

Riki shook his head again, "Jungwon, I have never felt those things. Sad, worry. None of it."

"OH?" I raised an eyebrow and turned to him, "interesting, then why did you tell Heeseung I was with Jay the other day?"

"Well, you hadn't gotten home yet, and I was wor-it's not this same kind of worry, Jungwon," my brother's tone was annoyed, but I smirked. 

"Yeah, if you say so. Heeseung has shown himself perfectly capable of big emotion and Sunoo always has. So, I don't know. I think that there have been some amendments to the Vampire 101 manual that we got when Heeseung was looking for Jake". I looked up at my brother, who just shrugged and shook his head. 

I continued to stare out into the direction of the center of campus. All of the main building hubs met right in the area.  I wasn't sure what Jay's schedule was, but I would think he would have to come out of one of those sooner or later.