"You Deserve Everything"

(Chapter Disclaimer:  The social media screenshots are public images from the internet (though grainy)

(Chapter Disclaimer: The social media screenshots are public images from the internet (though grainy). I'm sure that one is likely from a fan fiction but I couldn't find it. If this is yours or you know who it belongs to, please let me know so I can check in with them. For now, I consider it public domain.)

I looked at my watch again just to double check. Sunoo was late. Which is super odd. Sunoo can be flighty, but he's almost always on time. In fact, as the leader, I know for fact that I can always count on him to listen to me first, be reliable when others aren't.

We had planned to meet for lunch today. I hadn't really added much to the book, but I wanted to see what he thought I should do next, and I also wanted to check in on him because we hadn't really spent any time together outside of him helping me with the book. He's my best friend and I want him to be happy and feel supported. I'm here for him, too.

When he finally walked in, Sunoo's face was red and his eyes were puffy, large tears welling up. The hostess stopped him to take his name for reservations, but I waved to him and she brought him to my table.

I ordered two glasses of Sunoo's favorite white wine and went ahead and ordered the meal since I know Sunoo's favorite. This is one of his favorite restaurants. As the server walked away, Sunoo told me he wasn't hungry, but I told him I didn't care - he was going to eat.

"Sunoo...what's wrong?" I asked softly, reaching my hand out to grab his.

Sunoo burst into tears all over again, the tears that had been welling up in his eyes.

"It's just like I thought. Except it's worse. Pictures circulated online overnight - an old picture of Sunghoon and I holding hands while we were out doing some team-building exercise. We weren't even like, actually holding hands. Not like a couple, you know?"

I nodded.

"Anyway," he continued wiping the tears out of his eyes. He giggled, then, "ugh, it's even worse when I cry. When I cry my eyes get so puffy that you can't even see them at all." He took a deep breath. "Anyway, so, this morning it was all over Twitter and Instagram and Weverse and likely every other possible social media site which is ridiculous. But guess what they all decided to do? Slam me."

His face shifted a bit from sadness to hurt and anger. He looked out the window at the city below. "What am I gonna do, Wonnie? Everyone thinks Sunghoon is too good for me, and they're right. Everyone thinks I don't belong in the group. That I don't fit." He shook his head, exasperated.

"What did Sunghoon say about it?" I asked.

"Nothing," Sunoo replied, "I went to the studio early in the morning to meet my vocal coach to record demos for the next album. Sunghoon was still asleep. I saw it while I was on break, and I sure as hell didn't call him. He didn't call me, either, so that means he saw it as well"