@actuallyyangjungwon: Sunghoon's Match

Once again, we had travelled the globe, only now we had an additional family member

Once again, we had travelled the globe, only now we had an additional family member. Heeseung said that they mystery lady was right. He would have never believed that he could feel about another person the way he felt about Jake. The feeling was mutual. Even though Jake didn't know who he was until he was turned, if there was a thing such as love at first sight, that is what Heeseung said it felt like.

Jake was really fun and funny, and it was nice to have someone new around. When you're just with your three brothers for over a century, the novelty does wear off a bit.

The world got weird for a while at about that time as well. War, poverty, nothing that anyone wants to talk about or hear about. But it was happening, and we spent the next few decades trying our best to avoid it. Things weren't quite as fun as they had been before, and it really wasn't anyone's fault except people out there doing the actual living.

I really missed the 20's. It was probably my favorite time to live so far.

Ultimately, we ended up back in Australia, in Jake's hometown, as the people there seemed the most reasonable at the moment.

Then, one night over dinner, Sunghoon dropped his ribs (don't ask) and looked at all of us, startled.

"What? What happened??" I asked, a little bit panicked. He looked like he couldn't breathe. Being as we actually don't NEED to breathe, that made it especially jarring.

"I...I think I feel it," he said. He turned quickly to look at Heeseung.

"Feel what? The pull??" Heeseung asked, excitedly.

"I think so. I can't tell. It's like, something's telling me to do something," Sunghoon replied.

"Are you seeing anything?" Heeseung asked.

"Seeing? What do you mean?"

"Like, pictures in your head. Visions."

Sunghoon turned to our brother with a dazed look on his face, shaking his head. "No...I don't see anything. I just feel something."

Heeseung sighed, "Okay," he said, "We'll just wait until there's more."

Sunghoon walked around lost for a solid week at least after that. It could have been longer, I don't really keep up with time. Then one day I heard him yelling throughout the house: "I found them!! I know where we have to go! I see it!!"

Everyone ran to the living room where Sunghoon sat with his eyes closed, no doubt picturing the blurry match and their location.

We all looked at him and waited expectantly.

Finally: "Well, WHERE?" Riki asked, annoyed.

Sunghoon opened his eyes and looked at all of us. "Back to Korea".

We all let out an annoyed sigh. It was 1966. We had been avoiding Korea at all costs.

Brief overview, lots of fighting in the demilitarized zone in Korea in the late '60's between the North and the South. Korea in and of itself, Seoul specifically, was pretty much in line with the times with just this underlying tremor of impending doom. That is what we were all trying to avoid.