"Maybe Check Your DM's"

Kim Sunoo was an emotional wreck

"Oh, Wonnie...it's so SO good!  I love it so much!"

I had gone ahead and published the remainder of the story without him.  I didn't want to wait, I needed to get this out.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do next, and I needed to get that ball in motion. I had gone back and forth with whether I wanted to end all of this before we all went out to dinner, or after.  Ultimately, I decided that I just can't live with the not-knowing anymore. I had worked too hard for too long on this not to know the end result.

But had he read it?

"Of course, I love all of the parts with me and Sunghoon, but like seriously, the whole thing is beautiful!  I love how you made it where Jay found you!"

"Or that he was looking for me all along. That was more my point," I noted. "Sunghoon said last year - before all of this happened - that Jay was into me but felt like he was too young for all of that. That there was time. He's not wrong. But I'm tired of spending the time without him."

"Or worse," Sunoo added, "just at arm's reach".

"Exactly."

"So, now what?" Sunoo asked.

I had thought about this a while - what I would do once the story was published and out there. It had gotten a lot of traffic. But I hadn't seen the person we believed to be Jay comment or like any of the story yet.

"I think I'm at least going to have to wait until he has read it, and I don't know how to find out that information other than wait to see if he likes it.  Or, potentially he," I said, "but the plan for next steps will definitely involve you."

"Oh yay!" Sunoo jumped up and down, ecstatic, "this is so much fun!  And it will all be worth it - you'll see".

I took a deep breath and flopped down on my bed, laying back and staring at the ceiling. I had done it. I had written a book.  I don't know how great it was, but I did what I had set out to do. At least, almost. Now I needed to really talk to Jay. 

I heard the notification alert on my computer chime, and I saw that "Jay" had liked the last three chapters of the book. There weren't any comments, but he had read them. Does he know it's me?  Does he even suspect?

"The fact that he at least likes the chapters says something," Sunoo said, "because if that's him and he wasn't interested in you, he wouldn't have read it at all, let alone voted for it."

I nodded, laying back down.  I was so, so tired.  My best friend could see the exhaustion on my face.

"Don't worry, Wonnie," he said, laying down next to me to also stare at the ceiling. He took my hand in his. "Actually being in a relationship is much less complicated than this trying-to-figure-it-out thing."

I let out a heavy sigh. "I hope so, Sun.  But mostly, I just hope I get the answer that I'm hoping for."

"You will," Sunoo said softly, "I really believe that. After all," I could hear the smile on Sunoo's face, even if I couldn't see him, "everyone loves a grand gesture.  What could possibly be grander than an entire book written for someone?"