3. Heading home

May's POV....

"Hey Marko, can I be honest with you? About some things." I asked, I didn't know how to go about this. Would it be better if I just go straight for the truth, or just part of the truth. I don't know.

"Ah, yeah you can I suppose, you did save and help me. Even when you didn't have too" Marko replied

"Okay, so I don't know how to say this, but I know what you are because of a movie." I speak.

"What do you mean, you know what I am. I am a human thank you very much, I'm not anything else other than human. And what do you mean a movie?" Marko denied as much as he could. Though it did get him thinking, that maybe he was a fledgling again, that might explain how he is still awake and didn't burn to a crisp.

"I know that you are or was a vampire and the movie is called Lost Boys." I replied.

As soon as Marko heard that name, he had a look of recognition on his face. 'That is what the people of Santa Carla and what we could our selves.' Marko thought.

"How is that a movie, that is my life, how can that be a movie?!" Marko was shocked.

"How about this, I will finish packing the camp up and then we can drive to my place and speak to my father. He should be able to help for now." I asked.

"Uh, yeah sure, okay. Do you need help with anything?" Marko asked.

"No, I'm good thank you." I replied.

By the time we finished packing up camp and loading the car, it was coming close to one-fifteen in the afternoon. By the time we get to my place it will be close to four oclock in the afternoon.

"Come on Marko, time to hit the road, it will be close to the evening by the time I get home." I let Marko know.

"Okay cool, I'm guessing we are driving there then?" Marko asked.

"Yeah, we are and it will be a somewhat long drive home." I replied.

By the time we get too Rocky, I was starting to get a bit hungry, "Hey Marko, are you hungry? Would you like something to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess I could get a bite to eat." Marko replied

"Do you have a craving for anything else or just food?" I asked curious, if he feels like blood or something.

"No, I don't really have a craving for anything at the moment, which is weird in its self. I was always the hungriest out of my brothers." Marko was confused because what he said was true. He was the messiest and hungriest because he was the youngest out of the four of them. 

I ended up pulling into a Carl's Jr and grabbing some burgers and chips. I then took us to one of the big park areas to eat. We pulled up and got out, it was summertime here so it was pretty hot for the afternoon still.

"Hey Marko aren't you hot in that jacket? I can put it in my car to keep it safe, while we eat?" I asked because he looked like he was starting to over heart a bit.

"No, I'm good thank you, I feel safe with it on." Marko replied.

"Okay, just checking is all." I let him know.

When we finished eating, it was time to hit the road again.