24. Sadness before Happiness

MAY'S POV...

I looked at David with a smile on my face, it felt like everything was starting to go right now. All that was left was for Papa to come and reunite with David. I was still hugging Dwayne when I let go of him and turned towards Paul to give him a hug. I then went towards Marko and gave him a big squeeze, then I held on because I had a feeling that he needed this.

I felt him squeeze me back, feeling like if he let go now, he will break down crying. I can just feel the bonds of the brothers finally sinking into their rightful places. For some reason, I am finally felling whole for the first time in a long time.

After a while, I let go of Marko and turn towards Paul to see that his shoulders were shaking and that he wasn't facing anyone. I could tell just by looking at him that he was upset, Paul is usually happy all the time. So, to see him trying not to cry and not let anyone know that he was upset, was heartbreaking.

I start to head towards Paul, in the corner of my eye I could see David start to make his way to Paul also, but Dwayne holds him back and shakes his head. I could feel David watching me closely. I got close to Paul and gently whispered to him. "Paul, are you okay?"

He shakes his head and refuses to look at me. "Paul, sweetie, can you please look at me? I need to see that you are okay." I gently ask again.

This time he turns his head, so he is facing me, but his hands are covering his face. I place my hands over his and began to gently move his hands from his face. Once removed, he keeps his head down not wanting to look at me.

I let go of him hand and they fall to his sides. I softly place both my hands on his cheeks and could feel that they were wet from tears running down his face. I lifted his head so that he was looking at me. I sucked in a breath when I saw his face and he ended up shaking once again.

PAUL'S POV...

I heard May suck in a breath, and I began to fear the worst. I began to shake again, just waiting for her to get scared or run away. I didn't want May to leave us. As soon as we were reunited with David, I felt everything click into place.

I could feel my normal cravings were starting to come back, and I could immediately smell her blood just beneath her skin. But I didn't want to hurt her and because I could smell her blood, my vampire face came out and was on display.

I started to feel whole again when May came into our lives. I didn't want to feel that emptiness before we met her happen again.

"There is nothing to be afraid of Paul, you will not hurt me. I am not afraid of you; you don't need to hide yourself away. I will not be leaving my boys anytime soon. You guys are my boys, and you are not getting rid of me that easily if you think I will frighten from your faces." I heard May tell me.

I looked up to her until we were staring into each other's eyes, and I saw the truth to her words. I smiled so hard and let out a big "WOOHOOO!!!!!" Spinning her around, laughing with me.

I don't need to worry anymore.