4. Trying to find Papa

TIME SKIP....

May's POV.....

We finally get to my home and the sky is just starting to darken. I come from a small town that is between Rockhampton and Mackay in Queensland. It is a nice and quaint little town; it is the type of town where everyone knows everyone. 

 Especially when you have a dad like mine, my dad is the type of person that likes to help anyone that needs it. Because he got help when he was younger, so he wants to give back to the world that helped him.

He is a single parent because my mum died giving birth to me and dad loved her too much to ever get with anyone else. He was just content with it just being him and I. when I was growing up, he would always tell me what it was like growing up in America as a kid with no one.

Although sometimes he would let it slip in his stories about four brothers that took care of him and he got adopted. I look towards the house and only the kitchen light is on at the moment. 'Okay, dad should either be in the shed doing whatever he does in there or he is in the memory room.' I think to myself.

I turn towards Marko to see that he is asleep, I softly shake him to wake him up. He moves a little bit and it looks like he is half asleep. I lead him towards the house and we head in, I guide him towards the couch in the lounge room and lie him on the couch to sleep some more.

I leave him there to rest and go in search of dad. Now here's the thing about dad, he doesn't like to be called dad or father, I call him papa and when I am annoyed, I call him Laddie.

I go searching the house for him and I can't find him anywhere. I go around calling "Papa, where are you? Papa" .. nothing not a sound, 'where is he, I know he is home unless he is playing that hiding game again.'

I go and check the memory room. Nope not in there, I look towards the middle of the room that is surrounded by candles, where there are three jars, each have a unique design on them.

The one on the left is covered in tribal patterns and leopard skin, the middle is covered in black leather with a chain around it and the one on the right is covered in smoke patterns and music notes.

I quickly go towards them and give a quick kiss to top of each vase and say a quick goodnight as I do every night.

I look around the house again, I am starting to get frustrated from not finding papa. I go towards the middle of the house where the sound echo's and yell as loud as I can.

"LADDDDDIIIIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Damn am I loud, thank you singing lessons.