13. Curiosity & Voices

MAYS POV....

It was nice to see that Papa and Marko are happy again with their brother. As they were all hugging it out and also crying it out, I just remembered something important. I looked towards Papa to see that he had forgotten.

"Hey Papa, I think you have forgotten what is happening today". I reminded him. They all looked towards me confused until a light bulb must have gone off in Papas head and he ran inside while basically yelling "OH SHIT!!!!".

Of course, he forgot. I say shaking my head at him. The other 2 were still confused as to what is happening at the moment. They were silent for a couple of minutes not knowing how to ask, until Paul's curiosity got the better of him.

"What is important about today?" Paul asks.

"Well, Nana Lu is coming round for a week to visit. We haven't seen her for a couple of months and she usually comes around this time as well". I reply.

It was Marko this time who is curious. "Who is Nana Lu?" he asks me.

"Nana Lu is someone who has been in Papas life since he was a little boy before he got adopted and came to Australia.  I always loved when Nana Lu visits because she always brings sweets and always somehow knows what we need and brings it with her every trip, Papa is very close to Nana as well." I replied.

After a while the boys and I decided to go inside. I wanted to help Papa clean the how before Nana Lu came. It took a couple of hours and we were done cleaning, it helped when the boys helped as well. "Is there anything else that needs to be done Papa?" I ask.

"Not that I can think of but can you get the other spare bedroom ready for the boys please, the one with 2 bunkbeds? Also, can you please show the boys the memory room?" Papa replies.

I turn towards the boys and motion to follow me. We end up going to the first spare bedroom that has Markos stuff in there and packed them up. After that was done, I took them to the 2nd spare room with the bunkbeds. "Here you go boys, you can stay in here for now until we get everything sorted. After we go to the memory room, I will take you both shopping to get you guys some clothes, okay?" I let them know.

They looked at me and nodded their heads. Marko put him stuff on one of the top bunks and it looked like Paul took the other top bunks as well. I started leading them towards the memory room and saw that it was now cleaned and the window was opened.

I saw that there were only 2 Jars left and started talking to them. "Good afternoon, I'm sorry I didn't get to say morning this morning but there was a surprise this morning. I hope you can forgive me?" I know that they won't talk back but it gives me comfort to talk to them.

I looked towards the boys to see that Marko looked curious to what I am doing and Paul looked shocked. "Why do you look shocked Paul?" I ask him.

"Do you talk to the jars every day?" he asks me.

"Yeah, I do why?" I ask confused.

"You're the voice I was hearing every day!" he says. 'its the voice I am always hearing! Now I can put a face to the voice!, I wonder if the others can hear her too' Paul thought.

"You could hear me? You could hear my voice?" I am the one shocked this time.

"Yeah, every day I would hear a voice and I would feel like I was calm afterwards". He replies.

Wow I thought to myself. I didn't know that they could hear me.