16. Quiet Time

MAYS POV....

I don't know how long I had been in the memory room for, but the pounding on the door had stopped ages ago. I can still hear Marko and Paul calling out to me and telling me that everything will be alright. I want to be in their arms where I feel safe but I have exhausted myself from crying.

I shut my eyes for bit, then I felt someone pick me up and whispered to me "you'll be alright, you are safe now, I will always be here for you". I felt safe in their arms and I let myself embrace the darkness called sleep.

MARKOS POV....

It has become silent in the memory room; Paul and I were worried for May. Apparently May does this when things become too much emotionally for her. The memory room is one of her escapes from the world, like her hideout near the beach.

I could hear Laddie and Lucy in the kitchen chatting and catching up. It sounded like they were worried for May but wanted to give her some space. We heard a noise come from the memory room. Paul and I quickly stood up, when it sounded like the door was going to open.

We looked towards the door as it started opening, out walks Dwayne with May in his arms asleep. We were shocked, Dwayne was alive again. Paul and I go to say something but Dwayne tells us to be quite.

"How?" I ask him. "How are you alive again?"

"We will talk about this in the morning, for now show me where Mays room is please. She needs rest". Dwayne asks.

We ended up showing Dwayne to Mays room, where he gently lays May on her bed and makes sure that she stays asleep. As we go to walk out, Mays arm shoots out to grab Dwayne "stay, please" she says while sleeping.

Paul and I went to the spare bedroom to grab some pillows and blankets. We proceed to Mays room, where we made ourselves comfortable on the floor. Dwayne had found a comfy chair and sat in it close to the door. He proceeded to keep watch and made sure we were safe life he did when we were back in the cave.

......TIME SKIP........

MAYS POV....

I woke up to see that I was in my room. I looked around me and saw that Paul was spread out like a star fish on the floor. Marko had somehow wormed his way to Paul and cuddled into his side, he had also wrapped the blanket around his body like a cocoon.

I look towards my door to see that there was someone sitting in my comfy chair. I slowly reach towards to Marko and started shaking him a little bit. "Marko, hey Marko, wake up, Marko". I whisper to him.

I heard movement to see that the figure, had come closer to me. He put a finger to my lips and whispered to me, "Shhh, Little one. Let them sleep a little bit longer, they were worried for you".

I look towards the stranger and couldnt make out their face, I reach over to my bed side table and turned on the lamp. The lamp slightly lights the room, I turn back towards the stranger to see that I knew who this was. I found myself whispering his name "Dwayne!".

He looks towards me with care in his eyes, "Hi Little One".