14. Shopping

MAYS POV....

After leaving the memory room, we ended up in the kitchen where Papa was. "Was there anything you needed while I head into town Papa?" I asked Papa.

"Not that I can think of sweetheart, maybe get something for dinner tonight." Papa replies.

I nodded my head and move towards the door. ''C'mon boys, we are going shopping for clothes and food before Nana Lu gets here." I call out to the boys.

We walk out the door and head towards my car. I see that Marko and Paul basically running to the car both yelling "SHOTGUN!" for the front seat. I laughed when I saw this, they were like children. In the end Paul got the front seat with the promise that Marko will have the front seat on the way home.

We decided to get clothes first, as I was driving Paul had found my 80s rock playlist on my phone and pressed play. The first song that came on was 'I hate myself for loving you' by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, after going through a couple of songs, one of my favourites popped up. It was 'Lost in the Shadows' by Lou Gramm, as soon as that song came on, I started singing as loud as I could and turned the song up.

Half way through the song, the boys started singing with me and dancing to the song, by the time the song ended, we had reached the first shop. After a while Marko ended up going for a similar look to what he originally had but more modern. While Paul went for a black top, black jacket and Light blue jeans. Once we were done shopping, I told the boys to go wait in the car because I forgot to grab something when in fact, I was getting them a present each.

I got Marko a Jean jacket and a pack of patches that I had found, Paul I got different types of bracelets. I also decided to get David and Dwayne something as well, in case they wake up. Dwayne, I got him a few necklaces for him that match each other. Finally for David, I got him a pair of leather gloves.

I got to the car to see that the boys have disappeared. I look around me to find them standing near the bike shop, they looked sad.

"Hey boys, you guys, okay?" I ask them.

"Yeah, we are okay, just miss our bikes thats all. Do you know what happened to them?" Marko asks.

"No, I don't sorry, but we can go in and have a look at a few of them, if you want too?" I replied.

"No, no thats fine. How about we finish our shopping and go home. I feel like going home." Paul replies this time.

"Yeah, we can do that." I speak.

We went back to the car and drove to the supermarket to buy what we needed for dinner tonight. By the time we finished, Papa called me.

"Hey Sweetheart, how are you and the boys going?" Papa asks me.

"Yeah, we are going good thank you Papa. Was there any reason you called; we were just about to head home." I speak.

"I called because Nana Lu has arrived and was asking where you were." he says.

"Ah okay, well we will be home soon." I tell Papa.

I hung up and turned to the boys. "Welp, it is time to head home, because papa says that Nana Lu has arrived."

"Okay, let's go." They both say at the same time turning towards each.

As we were driving home, I notice that the boys are quite this time, just taking in the peace of their surroundings. It was peaceful to say the least, we made it home in no time and I was the one to hop out first as soon as I saw who waiting outside with Papa.

"NANA LU!!!!" I yell, running towards her arms wide.

I reach her and give her the biggest hug ever. We were hugging happily until I heard a hissing noise behind me. I turn towards the boys, they were hissing and looked angry.

"Marko, Paul, whats wrong?" I ask, stepping towards them. As soon as I neared them, they pulled me into their arms protectively. I looked up to see that they were still looking at Nana Lu.

Instead of answering me, they both hiss "Lucy!".