26. Peaceful Moments

......TIME SKIP......

MAY'S POV...

It has been a couple of months now since the family has become whole, once again. In those couple of months, it has given me a chance to rethink what our lives will be like from now on. Looking back, the boys and I had figured out that we all have some sort of bond with each other.

So far, we have only figured out one of the bonds between one of the lost boys and me, that bond is with David. We have worked out that our bond is like siblings. He is the big brother that I had always wanted.

He is protective and cares for my wellbeing, whilst also being annoying and frustrating. He will tease me for the smallest things and will hold me if I needed a hug. There will be moments when he gets all serious and tells us all what to do. But hey, its David.

Today I was hanging out with Dwayne, we both had decided to go to the local library to do some reading. I say lite but i truly mean a LOT of reading. the owner of the library knows me by name because I go there regularly, so i have a small section that is my personal reading area.

It would also give Dwanye a quiet area to himself as well.

DWAYNE'S POV...

We were in the library just reading. since we have a woken, I have not had the time to read, and I am fascinated with today's Books. There are so many different genres now, I noticed as well that there are a lot more supernatural types of books out there, which is interesting. Although when May gave me this one book to read, I almost cracked a big grin. 

MAY'S POV...

The book I had given Dwanye was Twilight. I remember walking away trying to hold in my laugh, although I would like to get his thoughts on the book considering it is the only book series in existence where vampire sparkle.

......TIME SKIP......

After a couple of hours, we decided to head home.

"Hey Dwanye?" I asked wanting to question him.

"Yes May?" He replies.

"So, what did you think of the book?" I asked him with a grin on my face. He froze for a second and then looked like he was thinking.

He cracked a grin. "It was interesting, although I never knew vampires could sparkle though."

I gave a little giggle. "It is the only book that i know of where vampires sparkle. What did you think of their vegetarian diet?". As we were walking, we stopped at one of the benches next to the beach. 

"Well, I think it might a been a good idea at the time but after a while, I would say it would have made them weak." He speaks.

"Why do you think that?" I question him. Curious to see what he thinks.

"Human blood is part of the diet for a vampire and for us to not have it, we would start getting weak after a while. It would be like humans not getting the nutrients or vitamins they need to survive in life." Dwayne explains to me.

Thinking over his words, I can see what he means. Just like how humans or animals need to eat to survive and get the nutrients we need, Vampires are the same as humans. If they don't eat, they will start to get sick and die after a while. 

After our talk, we ended up walking the rest of the way home. By the time we made it home, the sky was starting to darken. as we were walking up the driveway, the front door burst open and i am tackled to the ground in a hug.

I laid there stunned for a minute, hearing Papa in the background laughing with David, while Dwayne gave a little chuckle. I lifted my head to see to blonds on top of me, looking at me with big grins on their faces.

It was Marko and Paul. "Hi May!"