7. Waking Marko & Questions answered

MAY'S POV....

I head upstairs to wake up Marko for breakfast. I walk into the room to find that Marko is spread out like a starfish on his back snoring. He looked so peaceful laying there, I didn't want to wake him up but I knew that I had to. There was a lot of questions that needed to be answered from both sides. I go towards him and shake his shoulder a little bit.

"Marko, it's time to wake up. There is breakfast downstairs waiting for us." I spoke.

"Nooooo, I don't want too. 5 more minutes, please", came his response.

I shake him some more, when I felt a hand grab mine and pulled me. Because the next thing I know, is that I am lying in bed with Marko and he is cuddling up to me with his face in my neck. I am trapped in between his arms; I try to wriggle but that only makes him hold me tighter. Really I thought, we have stuff to do today. I wriggle one more time and I finally get free after what seems like 10 minutes. I look towards Marko to see that he is now face down in the pillow still asleep. He must really like his sleep I thought.

I poke my head out of the door and yelled. "PAPA!!!"

"WHAT!!!, WHATS WRONG?" papa yelled back.

"I NEED HELP WAKING MARKO UP" I replied back.

"OH, THATS EASY, TELL HIM THAT THE BIRDS ARE LOOSE." He speaks.

I didn't want to question how he knew what to do, but oh well at the moment I am willing to try anything to get Marko up. I lean down next to his head and whispered into his ear. "The birds have been set loose and are now flying free."

He bolts up and yells "NOT MY BABIES!!!" and proceeds to run down stairs. I busted out laughing at what was happening because he ran straight into papa as he went through the kitchen.

I make it into the kitchen and sat down at the table waiting on papa and Marko to untangle themselves from each other. As soon as they sat at the table, Papa turned serious.

"Now I know you have some questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability. I also have some questions of my own as well, is that all right?" Papa asked Marko.

"Yeah, that should be fine." Marko replied.

"How about you go fist Marko, we each get four questions each. Okay?" papa said.

"Okay, where are you from? How old are you? What do you know? And finally, why do I feel like I know you?" Marko asked Papa. I was really curious to see what papas answers will be.

"Well first, I am from the coast of California and then came to Australia when I got adopted by my parents. I am 42 years old, I moved from America when I was 10 or 11 years old. I know more than people think I do; I know of the supernatural if thats what you're asking. As for how you know me, my full name before I got adopted was Laddie Thompson, now I am Mark David Dawe." Papa answers all of Markos questions and all I can say is that I am shocked.

"Laddie? Are you saying that you are Laddie? The little boy we cared for. You're that Little Laddie?" Marko whispered.

"Yes, I am. It's good to see you again Marko, I have missed you." Papa replies.

I wasnt sure what to make of this, because I just found out that my father is Laddie from the lost boys and that the movie is real not just a movie. Marko leaps up and crashes into Papa. They both fall to the floor and I looked over the table to see them on the ground hugging. Marko is crying and Papa is trying to soothe him like the father I know him to be.

"It's okay Marko, I'm here now you're not going anywhere. Your safe, I'm safe and my daughter is safe as well." Papa says to Marko.