17. Little one & Papa

MAY'S POV...

I was shocked to say the least when I saw Dwayne sitting there. Looking like his was guarding the door and protecting the people in this room, like he has always done. He looked healthy like nothing happened to him, like he did get shot by an arrow. I am starting to wonder if my blood has anything to do with the boys coming back to life.

Then I suddenly remembered what happened last night. I burst into tears; Dwayne was quick to take me into his arms to sooth me, "You are okay, little one. Just let it all out". I let out a big sob, next thing I know, Marko and Paul basically snapped awaked. They basically jumped over each other and the bed to get to me, I nearly laughed when I saw that.

They both started shotting questions at me, left, right, and center. "Are you okay?" "What happened?" "Why are you crying?" "What can we do to make you feel better?" and my personal favourite one, "Who do we need to kill?".

I was stunned with hoe much these boys care for me. As I was trying to process all the questions that we being thrown at me, Dwayne could see that I was starting to get overwhelmed.

"Shhh, you are okay Little one, you're alright, I'll tell the boys to stop with the questions for now, okay." he tells me gently.

Before I could nod, he was already turning towards the boys to tell them to be quiet. "Boys, quiet time now, Little one has just woken up and doesn't want to be questioned first thing in the morning okay. Quiet time!"

Both Marko and Paul start to nod quickly, not making another sound. They both make their way towards me and sit on either side of me. Dwayne seemed to think I was in good hands now and proceeded back to his chair, and resumed to guarding the door.

Marko proceeded to put his head on my lap and hugged my waist, while Paul hugged me around my shoulders and laid his head on top of mine. I could feel all the stress flow out of me, now that I felt safe again and surrounded by the boys.

......TIME SKIP......

A couple of hours later I woke up again and the boys were still cuddling me. I looked around the room to see where Dwayne was but couldn't find him until I heard a deep chuckle behind me. It turns out that I was laying on his chest with the other two were curled into my sides, I turned and hid my face in his chest to avoid him seeing me blush.

"Do you feel better now Little One?" Dwayne asks me.

"I do, I don't feel as stressed and I feel safe when you guys are around." I reply back.

"That's good, I'm glad that you feel safe with us. That's all that matters at the moment, and when you meet David, he will protect you the most out of all of us." He tells me.

My hunger decided to make an appearance and caused my stomach to growl. I decided to get up to find something to eat but also for the boys as well. I thought back to Papa and Nana Lu, I still can't believe that they have lied to me.

I leave the room after carefully untangling myself from the boys and trying not to wake them up. I walk down the stairs to see that Papa was sitting at the kitchen table with his head in his hands, looking miserable.

"Hey Papa" I quietly whisper.

He snaps his head up and stares at me in relief when he sees that I am okay. He gets up from the table, rushes around and pulls me into a bear hug and doesn't let go. It seemed like he was afraid I would disappear from him.

"Sweetheart! I never wanted to lie to you and I never wanted to make you upset. I was trying to keep you safe from the past. I love you too much, I can't bear the thought of losing you like I lost your mother." Papa pours his heart out as he starts to cry.

"You will never lose me Papa; I love you too. You will never lose me like Mama. Remember Mama's last words to you. I am your gift from her to you, to love, to cherish and to protect. To watch me grow up and to experience the world". I remind him of Mama's words. 

We both had tears running down our faces and our hands on each other's checks, trying to wipe away the tears. All was right between us.