30. Lets Get Lost, I Mean Explore a Cave

MARKO'S POV...

As soon as I saw May get pulled into the cave, I reached out to grab her hand. I wasn't close enough because my fingers just grazed hers.

She screamed my name "Markkoooooo!!!!!" and then she was gone.

The world around me had gone silent. I couldn't hear anything, my vision went blurry. I must've been in shock because the next thing I know, Paul is in front of me.

He had his hands on my face, yelling at me to focus and to calm down. I then realise I was having a panic attack.

As soon as I got myself together, we were both sprinting down inside the cave. We had been running for a while because at one point, Paul and I got separated from each other because he wasn't beside me anymore.

Next thing I know a bright light surrounded me. When the light was gone, I was in a room. A room that looked really familiar.

PAUL'S POV...

I was running and running, shouting May's  name over and over again for what felt like hours. I stopped to take a breather, but then I realised I didn't hear anyone beside me.

I looked around and saw no one. I looked again going round and round in circles making myself dizzy. Marko was gone. He was not next to me anymore.

"Oh Shit! I lost Marko!...I lost May!...Oh No...this is bad...Oh David's gonna kill me! Wait no Dwayne's gonna kill me! Wait no even worse, Laddie will definitely kill me for losing May!" I told myself panicking.

I could feel in the back of my mind, the presence of both David and Dwayne like they knew something was wrong. I didn't want to worry them and not get yelled at  so I shut my mind.

I just pushed them out and started shouting Marko's name, over and over again hoping I would get an answer.

After five minutes of no reply, I turned around and started heading back towards the direction that I had come from.

But now it seems that I was going in circles, because I noticed that I kept passing this same big rock every time.

After a while later, I saw a light coming from a different direction. I could hear music from the light. The music sounded familiar, like really familiar, like it was from a distant memory.

As I got closer, I heard laughter. It sounded like my brothers. I walked closer and closer to the light. Before I got blinded and everything went black.

MAY'S POV...

I woke up and looked around trying to figure out where I was. I looked up and there were crystals on the roof. Different coloured crystals, big and small.

They looked similar to the crystals that were covering Marko when I first found him. I looked to the left and there was this stone figure.

It looked tall, it looked like it was wearing armour. It also looked like it was holding an axe. But for some reason I just couldn't make out the face.

I looked to the right and there was this pedestal with something on top of it. I got up off the ground and walked closer.

The pedestal was a mixture of crystal and stone. On top of it, was a book and it was closed. I went to open it but it was really heavy to lift.

Once I got it open, words started to appear on the old battered pages. I could not read it though, it looked like it was written in this ancient language and I couldn't understand it.

I ran my hand across the book, when I felt a prick to one of my fingers. I quickly pulled away from the book to see I was bleeding.

I looked at the book to see a splotch of blood on the page, get absorbed into the book. Next thing I know, the ancient writing turned to English.

I read the title of the first page and it said 'Finding One of Your Many Soul Bounds!'