8. Surprise

MAY'S POV....

After a couple of moments of them hugging, we end up sitting around the table and start to eat breakfast. Marko looks up at me and asks Papa a question.

"Hey Laddie, what is your daughters full name? And how old is she?" Marko asks.

"Well, she is 21 years old and her full name is May Duana Dawe." Papa replies.

Marko had a look of realization on his face once he heard my name. "Wait, you named her after Dwayne? I forgot he was a father figure to you."

"Yeah, I did, after I was left alone, I wanted to honor you guys in some way." Papa says.

Marko looked at Papa in awe, he still couldn't believe that this grown man was Laddie or the fact that Laddie had a daughter as well. It was all so surreal, 'I hope Laddie had a good life here'. Marko thought to himself.

We finish breakfast after a while and it was time for us to do the morning rituals. I looked towards Papa and said "I'll go first to the memory room today, Papa, to give you some time to catch up more with Marko, okay?"

"Okay sweetheart, you do that. We will be up shortly." Papa replied.

I got up from the table and cleaned my area in the kitchen. As I was walking out the kitchen, I looked back towards them to see them hugging again and talking like they had never been apart. Papa looks so happy to have one of his brothers back with him.

I head up the stair and head towards the memory room, as I walk in, I notice that the right jar has been knocked over. How could that have been knocked over when I was the last person on here last night. Oh well I thought as I shrugged my shoulders. I go towards the window to open the curtains, as I got them half way. Someone comes up behind and turns me around. Next thing I know, someone has their hand around my throat and started whispering in my ear.

"Where am I? Who are you? Why am I in this room?" I stayed silent because I wasnt sure what to make of the situation. They lean forward again to whisper in my ear.

"If I release my hand a little bit, do you promise not to make a sound?" they ask me. I nodded my head and waited for them to take the pressure off my neck. As soon as they did, I screamed.

"PAAPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAA............................" They quickly put a hand to cover my mouth and put more pressure around my throat.

LADDIES POV...............

As Marko and I were catching up, it sounded really quite upstairs. Next thing I know, I hear my little girl screaming her head off for me. I looked towards Marko and we both started running up the stairs.

I hope she is okay; I hope she is not hurt. I can't lose her when I've already lost her mother. She is the only thing left of her that I have.

MAYS POV.............

"Who did you scream for little girl? Are you scared?" they ask me, I nodded my head furiously. I had tears streaming down my face.

I could hear them bounding up the stairs, coming as quick as they could. I heard both Papa and Marko scream "MAY!!!!!". The person turned me around so that my back was against their chest and I was facing the door.

Papa was the first on through the door and went to go turn the light switch on. "DONT TOUCH THE SWITCH!" The person yelled.

Papa removes his hand from the switch and motions for Marko to stay out of sight for now. "Can you please let my daughter go? She has done nothing wrong." Papa asks.

"I will only let her go if you answer a question for me. they reply. Okay, what is your question?" Papa was curious.

"Where am I?" it was such a simple question. Why was it such a simple question.

"You are in my home; you are in Australia." Papa replied.

The person must have been shocked because as soon as they heard Australia, their arms went slack and they gave a big gasp. I immediately ran to papa sobbing. Once papa calmed me down, he handed me to Marko. "Are you okay?" he whispers into my ear.

"I'm fine, just shaken". I replied.