3. The Day Everything Changed

"In some instances, in doing what we think is right,
We lose ourselves and what we want."

——————————-

"Mirio what the hell is going on?!" Tamaki stood next to his best friend, watching Y/n in awe, like every time when she used her quirk. Watching how she glided so gracefully and fought effortlessly with her opponent. Making a point to avoid the villain from touching her with his gloved hands.

The rest of the guests and pro-heroes inside the church focusing in helping everyone who'd been injured.

"No time to explain, that's Souleater..."

Tamaki's eyes shone with fear. So, it was him. He was really hoping to be wrong. He was warned to be careful, and to protect his soul marked bearer with his life.

"And it seems Y/n is his target this time." Mirio didn't need to give any other explanation, they both jumped into action to help protect their best friend.

Both men easily made their way, into the forest, where Y/n took the villain to. Taking him far out, towards outskirts of the venue to not get anyone else hurt.

"Neji, stay behind us!" Tamaki called out on reflex to his fiancée, or rather who used to be his fiancée.

She was wavering again, and he didn't know if he'd be able to convince her to stay this time. Or if he even wanted to. Forcing himself to complete a bond, he did not want, to begin with. Only going along with this 'relationship' and wedding because of his mate mark.

Loosening his tie and jacket to give him more mobility. Tamaki ran next to Mirio, and yelled out, "Since when was Y/n a soul bearer?!"

Why didn't he know? Was this why, she broke things off with him, why she stopped talking to him so abruptly? However, he never saw anyone with her...

Y/n always told him everything. They've been best friends since they were children, always confiding in each other. Even the smallest of details, spending every second of the day they could together. Well, that was before their fallout when Y/n turned twenty-one and she began to avoid him –

Wait a minute... when Y/n turned twenty-one...

Then Tamaki realized as one possible thought screamed at him...

The truth slapping his senses and shaking him to the core. Heart almost stopping, breath caught in his lungs for what this all meant. Barely realizing the truth now, and at the last minute too. The indigo haired man was completely overtaken by his grief of losing her those two years ago, he never took a moment to stop and think why she turned away from him.

When Y/n turned twenty-one, she avoided him at all costs... The age when a mark of soulmates would appear. Right before his own appeared. Did that mean?

However, Mirio didn't answer him. "Later Tama, now's not the time." His deep voice came out shaky, nervous even. Avoiding eye contact as they made their way around the trees to Y/n.

Everything was happening rather quickly. The truth unfolding and all this happening too fast for Tamaki to grasp and realize that possibly, this whole time –

"What the hell is your quirk anyway!" Y/n asked as she barely missed being touched by the villain's hand and sent a wave of energy in his direction.

Blue shimmering light leaving her palms in a spiral. Even though her quirk did have its beautiful traits, that didn't mean it didn't come with advantages of taking someone down. She could also use poison if she wanted to, an aspect to her quirk. Y/n's quirk was very beautiful, yet deadly. Hence why she was the heir of the Hado family and not Nejire.