11. Destined Star-Crossed Lovers

(Angst, a lot of information in this chapter. If you haven't listened to the Lewis Capaldi songs, I recommend you do, he really knows how to rip your heart apart with his music.)

Songs:

"Before You Go" – Lewis Capaldi

"Tough" – Lewis Capaldi

"Always Remember Us This Way" – Lady Gaga

"The Wisp Sings" – Winter Aid

"Agape" – Bear's Den

-------------------------------------------

"Look what I've done, what we're doomed to become,

I never meant to hurt you, to hurt us.

Please forgive me for what's to come. For what is certainly undeniably our demise."

Present Time

Y/n fell over the desk still at the library Tako left her in earlier, abruptly being pulled out of the memory she was sucked into. Eyes adjusting to the light once again, the words Tamaki whispering to her, but a mere distant echo. Her head pounding and replaying the memory with her best friend from three years ago. Before she turned twenty-one and this whole mess started. The last time they spoke with each other freely, because she refused to harm him.

Her arm still ached from the writing carved into her arm, blood dripping down and staining the floor. She whimpered from the pain of her mind being invaded again. Tako hasn't gone into her mind in such a long time, and he would usually do it at night when she was sleeping. This being done in the middle of the day and so brutally made her disoriented. She wanted to vomit for how queasy she felt.

She didn't even have time to recollect herself, as the doors to the library burst open. Her captor dressed in all black, covering him completely. Black mask on, black cape moving with every step he took. Heavy footsteps coming close to Y/n who was clutching at her head from the pain.

"What did you do?!" Tako picked her trembling body from the floor, grabbing her by the throat and pulling her up, cutting her airway and pushing her against the large wooden desk in the middle of the small library.

Y/n scratching at his hand attempted to get out of his grasp, whimpering in fear. He's never used force on her before and right now he seemed so upset that it kind of scared her.

"Not-thing!" she rasped out.

"Nothing? Then what's this?" Tako, let her go and grabbed her bloody arm making her cry in pain, his fingers digging on her sensitive skin. "Trust you, is what you told me. How can I ever trust someone that's conspiring against me? I thought you understood Y/n." He sneered. She couldn't see his face. However, by the tone of his voice she didn't need to see him to know how upset he was. "Mistake on my part."

"No!" Y/n tried to reach out to him when he stepped away from her, back turned to her as he paced back and forth. His black cape moving with him. "I s-swear, I didn't –"

"I've been very lenient with you Y/n." He stopped, taking close steps to her again, as she gulped down her nerves. "I could've put you with the rest of them," he spit out, "but I thought you would be different." His deep voice was cruel, deeper like when she first met him. Miles away from the progress she made with him.

"I promise –"

"You promise?" His head tilt to one side, taking big strides to her again, caging her in with both of his palms on each side of her hips, gripping the ends of the desk. Leaning forward and panting with exasperation. "Promise what Y/n? That you haven't been going behind my back to speak with your hero friends? Giving them information about me. My plans? Timing your attack. I knew I shouldn't have let my guard down around you."