18. The Middle Realm

(Announcement: Trust the process, I'm building something. This chapter is packed with a lot of information. It will all make sense soon. Just a reminder that this TamakixReader fanfic is its own story. Yes, I'm using characters from MHA, buuut this is for my own writing growth. There's so much freedom to write stories here, so my imagination is running wild with this story.)

Songs:

"Heroes" – Peter Gabriel

"Hurt" – Jonny Cash

"Writings On the Wall" – Sam Smith

——————————-

"To love and accept ourselves,

To forgive what we've done,

is the hardest trial we'll go through in life..."

Unfortunately, Tako didn't get his wish to die. He was forced to endure that whole interrogation. Like a champ he took every hit and every insult. It's not like he wasn't used to that type of treatment from his own world. From the person he fell in love with. So technically, that 'torture' was another regular day to him. It didn't matter how many times his life was threatened, his defiance stuck all the way through. He was adaptable, he's made it this far in life after all. Against all odds and with his luck, he was still alive. A little damaged, nonetheless alive.

After that sham of an interrogation, he was dragged back to his new cell. Where he could wallow and contemplate in the dark. He actually loved being in the dark. He was able to think, everything was quiet and peaceful. Yet, darkness came with loneliness and regrets. Without a companion to confide in. And with the shit he's done in his life, unwanted thoughts would plague his mind.

Like the person he killed...

It didn't matter how much time passed, or how a part of him would always hate her. That woman, Y/n L/n, took a piece of him when she died – when he killed her. She was hard to forget indeed. He never got to know why he was treated with such distaste. What he did to receive such punishment from her, the one who was supposed to love him unconditionally because of who they were. He could've taken the hatred and disgust from anyone else, but from her? It destroyed him.

They could've become so much, something great... but for this Tamaki Amajiki, it did not work out that way.

That loss forced him to protect his heart, to treat those around him horribly. To cage any good feelings of happiness and compassion away. To throw the key far, far away.

Regardless, of that dark part of his history, when he thought of her, he couldn't help but to think of Y/n Hado. The complete opposite of his soul bearer. Though the same person from different worlds, everything about them was different. His Y/n L/n was like a dark void, he couldn't explain it, but it felt like something had gone completely wrong when she came into existence, like she wasn't finished somehow? It was a weird thought, however Tako's seen far stranger things in life. The Y/n L/n he knew, tried to swallow his whole being. She only took and took for her own advantage, without a care about what happened to him. It was baffling how alike they looked, yet their personalities were anything but.

One was like a black hole that sucked everything in without a choice, while the other shined bright that illuminated everything around them.

Spitting the left-over blood on the concrete dirty floor. His jaw and abdomen ached from his earlier punishment when one of the organization's lackeys beat him. Or more like when the minion followed through with the orders given to them. Just a bunch of mindless people taking orders without question. Y/n Hado was right, minion was a far better fitting name.