4. Intertwined Fates

Songs:
Still – Niall Horan

------------------------

"Why do we always fear what would save us?
The only way to truly be free and feel joy,
Is to take a leap of faith. A leap into the unknown."

Fifteen Years Ago

"Class this is Tamaki Amajiki. From now on, he will be joining us. Go on Amajiki tell them something about yourself."

Yuki senpai introduced a shy boy to her third-year elementary class. All the eight soon to be nine-year old's glancing at the boy who was shyly standing behind the teacher. Trembling from the attention, eyes downcast. Finding his shoes very interesting. Form lit brightly by the illuminating lights from above on the classroom ceiling.

A boy who had dark indigo hair, dark eyes and ears that reminded Y/n of an elf. He was timidly looking away from the hungry eyes of the class, shaking slightly from all the attention. She was so dumbfounded she stared at him with wonder. Her tiny heart thinking how adorable he was and instantly falling in love with him. Completely entranced from the back of the class. Something hitting deep within her – for the first feeling infatuated for a boy her age. 

With wide eyes, her face broke into a huge grin. She nudged Mirio Togata, her best friend who sat on the desk beside hers. Excitement coursing through her body to make another friend.

In the beginning of the school year, when she met the golden blond, she so bravely declared he would be her best friend from that day forward. She always grabbed him by the back of his shirt and followed him everywhere. Both playing villains and heroes. Mirio – the ultimate sunshine mini hero himself, declaring he would protect Y/n like his sister. And though young Y/n already had a younger sibling that went to a different school, she was grateful for Mirio's friendship.

With her current home life, she really needed it.

Mirio always reminded her of the sun. He was always chipper and smiling, looking at the positive side to everything. He also made some weird funny dad jokes that rivaled those of her caretakers at home. 

"I-I u-umm..."

Poor eight-year-old Tamaki was shaking in his shoes from nerves for having everyone stare at him. He didn't know what to say, whatever came out of his mouth would be the only way he would be remembered in the eyes of his fellow classmates. First impressions always mattered. Who thought him introducing himself would be a good idea, he was terrible at communicating. People didn't understand him, and he definitely didn't want to make any enemies or worse bullies like he had in his old school.

"I-I really like h-heroes." His dark eyes glanced around, skimming the whole room, and stopping on a girl, who was ready to burst from excitement. Losing his train of thought, as he began to mumble, "They a-are..."

"Oh my gosh! You want to be a hero too!?" Y/n called out happily to Tamaki. Wanting more than anything – to become his best friend in that instant. Slamming the heel of her palms on her desk, leaning forward on the wooden table.

Without meaning to, she turned on her quirk, taking all the attention from the class. Her iridescent Morpho Menelaus wings unfurling behind her back gracefully, almost like magic. Black antennas appearing on the crown of her head. Eyes turning as dark as the night sky. She still had a hard time controlling when and when not to have her butterfly traits come out.

Tamaki at seeing this, his eyes widened with glee. The girl completely calming his anxiety and saving him from the eyes of their classmates. 

A couple of oohs and awes came from the young classmates, clapping from excitement in seeing her quirk. As though it was a talent show. Her wings fluttering a little from their praises. Tilting her head, a little confused as to why they would be clapping, not understanding that her quirk traits came out.