28. Worlds Colliding

Songs:

"Human" – Rag'n'Bone Man

"In one form or another, we're all connected.

We're part of each other's existence,

more than we realize or care to understand. 

We suffer together, we laugh together,

We die and live as one."

24 Hours Prior

Tako's worn out shoes shuffled against the concrete floor as he paced back and forth in the dirty cell that's become a home to him. At this point he doesn't know how much time has passed since he's been stuck here. At least when he had Y/n captive he gave her things to do, so she wouldn't go insane. He knew humans needed entertainment for their brain, occupy it from plaguing intrusive thoughts. Unfortunately, here in this cell, he's had way too much time to focus on his thoughts. This became a true isolated prison. The Originator didn't care about their mental stability, so as long as they were alive. Why care for them?

And now he knew why he was alive at all. The organization's purpose made sense now. They weren't working to help people, but rather to help the person who lost someone. Help the Originator find the perfect Y/n he lost, who knows how long ago. Tako, and many other versions of himself out there, were taken because they were all a part of one being. All part of some big grand plan, no one knew anything about. From what Ichi told him, soon they'd all go back to their 'rightful place'. Whatever that meant. He was sure it involved something along the lines of his existence disappearing into thin air.

Did that mean he'd truly die? As though this version of him never existed.

After such a long time of wishing his own death, he was finally going to get it. Yet, there was this very small nagging feeling in his heart that wanted to fight against those odds. Did it extend from a survival instinct, or was it something that awoke in him from meeting Y/n Hado and living some of Tamaki's memories?

A lot was indeed plaguing his mind. A part of him wanted to stay, to find out all the truth. But he was sure once he did find out the truth he'd have to die. It just made sense. It's as though he'd have a conversation with something out of this world, and the price in return for this knowledge was his life. It came with consequences of meeting his end. Curiosity did kill the cat, or in this case him. Still, aside from wanting to know the truth, of why he existed at all. His mate mark didn't want him stay, it was pushing for him to escape instead. To find Y/n, as though she might have all the answers and wouldn't kill him in the process. To take her offer and fight alongside her. She asked him to stay before he left her, she told him she'd help him.

Would she still?

Regardless, even if he did try to seek her out, she had her own Tamaki. Tako was just another doppelganger. He didn't even hold a candle close to what her Tamaki was to her. He didn't belong in that picture...

Knowing that, knowing if he followed after what his mate mark wanted, it'd probably break his heart more than it's been in the past. However, he couldn't stay here any longer. Not with how his mark was acting up. Last week it had gotten to the point of painful itching, if he scratched at it anymore, he'd no longer have skin. Each time food and water were brought to them, he'd take a big chunk of the water just to damp it on his shirt over his mate mark. Ichi would try his best to ignore the symptoms, however even Tako could see it was affecting him more than it used to.