12. A Glimpse into Tako's Life

(This chapter had me sobbing. It was a challenge, and it will continue to be, but I'm trying to write outside my comfort zone. Please if you ever see any bullying, or mistreatment. Step in if you can. It will mean the world to someone who is not courageous enough to do it for themselves. Be kind to others and be kind to yourself. In case you want your hearts to break, the songs below will help with that!)

Songs:

"Changes" – Hayd

"To Die For" – Sam Smith

-----------------------------------------------

"Life can be cruel to those who don't deserve the mistreatment,

Someone kind needs an outlet, a friend.

Someone to lean on when the world is against them.

The change of who they will be in the future."

An Alternate Universe – Tamaki Amajiki

With trembling fingers, he held onto his notebook as a shield. Shoulders taut, and voice quivering with every step he took through the hallways of his middle school. Hoping today would be different. Heart begging to not be hurt anymore.

He was barely hanging on.

He felt as though there was a noose around his neck, and all that held him up was by tiptoeing on a small plank – holding on for dear life. Just going through the motions and pretending that his life was perfect. Looking in the mirror every morning with a broken smile, attempting to keep pushing forward. However, truly feeling as though he was in an infinite void, and the darkness sucking and swallowing him in. However, he never spoke to this about anyone, he always kept it silent – his own pain. Trying his best to fit in. Because what else could he do?

All he could do was keep pushing and not let depression take over again. Even though he was so scared. Afraid of seeing her again.

The one person who always made it their mission to break him down, and make it known that he was nothing.

Will never be anything.

Only making the whole in his heart that much bigger – worse. There was always a knot in his throat. Always feeling alone and misunderstood. However, still refusing to take the numbing poison that was tempting each time he went home. The numbing bottle of medication. Repeating to himself in his own head, that in a couple of months he will soon leave this school to take the U.A entrance exam. Aiming for the hero course and hopefully pass to get away from this nightmare that's been his life for many years now.

He didn't have one single friend, and she sure made it her mission to make it an outcome. With her cruel and devilish smile, she was able to isolate him from everyone that ever tried to talk to him. Tamaki's learned to keep his head down when going to school. Avoid communicating, confrontation, avoid any connection to anyone because they only ever spoke to him to make fun of him.

It was never this way before he met her.

Sure, Tamaki was timid and soft spoken. Still, no one made fun of him like they've been doing since a target was put on his back. All because he refused to do what she wanted. Y/n L/n, the famous daughter of Jose L/n made it her mission to make his life a living hell...

The only child of the top five pro-hero.

Though she had a butterfly quirk, and Tamaki loved those creatures. Y/n was anything but gentle. She was cruel, vicious... demanding. She'd been his bully ever since they were kids. Tamaki didn't know what he did to her, to hate him so much. And it's not like he was brave – courageous enough to ask her why?