26. Condemned Spirits

(Bombarding ya'll with a lot of plot points. However, it's barely the surface. Worlds are about to collide. Trust the process, we're getting there!)

Songs:

"Daylight" – David Kushner

"Chasing Shadows - Acoustic" – Alex Warren

"Something in the Orange" – Zach Bryan

"Everything always comes to an end,

No matter how sad or great our lives may be,

tragedy does not discriminate.

In the face of great loss

we truly realize how fragile life can be."

Tako clutched his shoulder, being woken up yet again from the incessant little thing that was his companion. He could no longer sleep for how bad it's gotten, there were evident eyebags under his tired eyes. He couldn't stay sane anymore, at this point he begged the universe to just kill him. How much suffering could someone broken go through before they went completely insane? He breathed out hard from the euphoria and pain that infiltrated his senses. His mate mark has been keeping him awake for weeks now. It was restless. It ached and yearned for something out of its reach, out of his control. The stupid thing didn't understand that he was stuck here with no means of escape. It kept begging him to do something about this predicament he was stuck in.

His large palm gripped his shirt to settle his heartbeat, counting his inhales and exhales through the dark to occupy his mind with something else. His mate mark was jumping off the walls. Searching for something it would never get. Like a lost puppy finally finding its owner, however this was weird. Y/n and Tamaki finally completed their marks and Tako knew that somehow, as though he was connected to them too. With soulmates, no such thing could happen. Sure, at times there were more than two pairs in a soulmate bond. However, Tako came from a different universe. He jumped worlds to accomplish what the organization was attempting, to save everyone by eradicating soulmates bonds.

There was so much he knew and then didn't, like he'd just scratched at the surface of what was truly happening here.

The worst and most dooming thought, was that he was set up somehow... the dread kept eating at him, but he's been ignoring that because if he was set up somehow, then what was all this suffering for? What was the meaning of joining this organization if, in the end, it was all a set up for something much bigger?

He didn't know how or why, he just knew. It was a feeling in his gut, one that's always been there. A constant reminder to stay on his guard, the only thing he could rely on. This new connection burning through his system was telling him, screaming at him to run as far as possible to look for Y/n Hado. That he'd die here if he stayed any longer.

His hands shook from what Ichi implied weeks ago, that they were all going to die. Ever since then he hadn't uttered a word. Little by little, day by day, his cellmate became weak and refused to eat the small portions of food they would get. He became more distant and would barely utter a word to Tako now. But the indigo haired male had questions. What did Ichi mean by saying they were all going to die now? And who was this 'all', he spoke of. They've been cellmates for a while now. The least the quite man could do is stop talking to him in these stupid riddles, and just tell him what the hell was going on. Because clearly, Ichi knew something Tako did not.

He felt bad at first, Tako couldn't force someone to talk to him if they didn't want to. Probably past trauma from his childhood, believing he was unwanted. However, this was different, Tako had to get answers. He couldn't waste any more time, he felt like they were running out of it and very quickly too. The originator never came to see them after he sent Ni to capture Y/n Hado from her world. As though he forgot he had prisoners to begin with, that or he honestly didn't care. From how their conversation went last time, he had been so disappointed in his associates. He probably wanted them to rot away in this hellhole of a prison.