21. The Sun's Unrequited Affection

(01/04/2024: Happy New Year everybody! For this chapter, I wanted to give a glimpse into the second lead characters, their just as important as the main. To those who've been in one-sided crushes/love, and are hopeless romantics, I'm sorry. I know how horrible it is to be one of the unwanted. Just know, you do deserve love and whoever is meant for you will come your way, they're just running a bit behind! - TR)

Songs:

"feelings are fatal" – mxmtoon

"I wish you would've cheated" – Alexander Stewart

"Heather" – Conan Gray

"Space Song" – Beach House

"Love is Beautifully Painful – Ghost Duet Version" – Darkrose

--------------------------------

"Even if I cannot have you, I cannot hate you.
You did nothing wrong. You're not a villain but, I sometimes wish you were,
You became a star in my universe, one too beautiful and far away to attain.
Even if my heart bleeds, I only want what you wish for.
All I can do is hope the world will give it to you."

Mirio paced back and forth in his office, shaking his hands, and stressing out a little from the predicament they were stuck in. However, this mission was not going to deter him. Because the ray sunshine of a man always liked to look at the positive side of things. He's been this way all his life and it's gotten him far, everything he wanted he was able to accomplish because of his go-getter persona and bright smile.

Well, mostly everything. The only thing Mirio's been unable to accomplish so far is to fall out of love, but that was an issue he was slowly dealing with.

His focus for now was to come up with a plan to find Tako and once he does, he just knows wonderful things will happen from saving him. Having one Tamaki around was great, but to have another one. Well now, that was something else, who wouldn't jump at the chance to speak with another version of themselves. They could learn a lot from the indigo haired man who crossed to a whole different universe. Mirio was still fascinated that Tako was even able to come to their world, villain or not Mirio just knew he was kindhearted and a good person. Tako simply needed someone to be there for him, he could see how Tako would spiral into negative self-worth. If he was anything like Tamaki from this world and if he had no friends to help him out, it was a no brainer how far Tako would fall into despair.

First things first, was to find Tako, also they should really think of calling him something else. From what Y/n told them, Mirio didn't like this nickname. It was almost like he kept the name to punish himself for all the decisions and mistakes in his life. That would be a conversation to have with the doppelganger once he's found. Which was harder than the blond man first thought it would be. Mirio mentioned he'd take care of everything but of course he opened his big mouth before he could come up with a plan. He tended to do that, wing things as problems arose. Not that he regretted his decision to let Tamaki and Y/n indulge in themselves. He simply wanted to give his best friends the much time they needed together.

Tamaki and Y/n have put others wants over their own for far too long, this was the first time they hadn't. Mirio knew what that was like, and he wanted to be their fairy godmother or something so he could make a big speech at their wedding, also it came with a big plus of rubbing it in their face. Now that they are officially together, they needed this time alone.

Still... Mirio probably should have asked Y/n more questions and clues of where Tako could possibly be before his best friends embarked on their new adventure.