23. Fly With Me To the Stars

Songs:

"One Step Closer" – Intersection

"No Me Doy Por Vencido" – Luis Fonsi

"Stand By Me" – Ben King

"Fly Me to The Moon" – Frank Sinatra

-------------------

"No one but me and you will bear witness to our magic,

How it feels to bask in your lovely moonlight aura,

how your silvery light shines in my darkness.

In this world, it's just you and me.

Fly to the stars with me,

my lovely moon."

Soft music of Frank Sinatra played in the background, as soft chuckles and giggles rang in the air. After a wonderful meal and playful games of 'would you rather', 'have you ever', 'truth or dare'. Tamaki and Y/n lazed around on the wooden floor with blankets near the fireplace in the living room. They've been chatting and eating snacks for hours. Simply spending the whole day together in peace. Time passed them like nothing today. It's like they weren't heroes or had a looming threat over their heads, they left all of that in Musutafu.

Once they settled in at the cabin, they've truly indulged themselves in each other. They already had plans for tomorrow and whatever else they think of that comes to their mind. They had so much time to spare after all.

It's been years since they've taken some much-needed time off. When they were younger, they'd spend most of their free time either at the park or Mirio's place, where it was a no man's land. Because Y/n wasn't allowed outside her home unless it was for school, and she would sneak out of her home with the help her father's home staff. The place they liked to hang out the most was deep in the park, near their massive cherry blossom tree. Because at a young age, they claimed that tree as theirs.

Sure, they could have gone somewhere warmer for this little vacation, like an onsen. However, they wanted to be alone, they haven't been in a while. Small moments like these, where they weren't bothered by anyone or anything, it's like the whole world disappeared. There was beauty in getting so lost in time because of a loved one, it was nonexistent.

Together, Tamaki and Y/n became opposites to how they were known to the rest of the world. And isn't that how it's supposed to be with your other half? Unlock parts that no one else has seen, or will ever have the pleasure to experience?

"You're cheating!" Y/n called out loudly, slamming her palm on her side of the blanket. According to her, Tamaki wasn't being very fair.

"Excuse you, it's not called cheating if I omit to answer..." Tamaki deadpanned and rolled his indigo kind eyes. A habit he got from the girl when she was being ridiculous. "We're allowed to skip one turn."

"Same difference..." she replied right away, defending her honor.

Tamaki laughed at how offended she got. He reached over the small distance and pinched her cheek, "Cielo, we're playing twenty-one questions, not a game you can actually cheat on."

She threw her hands up, "Well, it's still not fair..."

"Do you really want to know that badly?" Tamaki asked softly, heart squeezing from her hurt gaze. He was such a sucker for her affection and had such a hard time telling her no. He can't remember a time when he actually stuck to his decision not to give her what she wanted.