2. If Only...

Songs:

"Marry Me" by Thomas Rhett

----------------------------------------------

"Mistakes are made when heartbreak poisons thy soul."

It was a beautiful, sunny Saturday afternoon. It was the perfect day for the most waited wedding of the year. Though it was extremely secluded, and only for close family and friends. It's as though the universe itself knew what day it was.

Today, two souls would become one.

Watching him with such a gentle kind smile always gave her butterflies and she didn't mean from her quirk. To her, he'd always seemed otherworldly. His elf like ears giving him that extra ethereal appearance. His lean muscles and quiet persona making him impenetrable. His tall statue, though he trembled, screamed confidence from the years of growing into himself. Today was no different. His indigo hair, shone brightly from the sun shining through the chapel glass. He looked so charming in a classic black tuxedo.

Compelling her heart to yearn and sigh, when feasting her eyes on him. The setting was perfect, in every way as he was. Always perfect through her eyes.

Even though there was a small crowd, with family and friends gathered around in the small wedding venue church. She knew for a fact from the years of knowing him, how much of a nervous wreck he felt inside. Probably a tell-tale sign from the way his hands shook. However, he only stared straight ahead at his wife to be.

Ignoring everyone else.

Today was a big day. Pro-hero Suneater, aka Tamaki Amajiki, was finally getting married. To his fiancée...

To Y/n's beautiful energetic sister. Nejire Hado.

Though Y/n's heart shattered on the inside, the pieces sinking, and soul feeling heavier than ever, as the scene unfolded. She was there to support them both. Because they deserved the world. Even though her heart, beat rapidly against her ribcage, as though trapped in a cell – reaching to come out, Y/n ignored it like she's done for many years.

Her sister, Nejire Hado, was going to marry Y/n's best friend today.

Marry Y/n's mate.

Surrounded by all their close friends and family members. They always did say, how perfect they were together. Only putting the nail on the coffin, encasing her heart, that much deeper.

Who was she to question what they had?

Tamaki didn't see her as anything else other than his best friend. These past couple of months proved that. His eyes were only on Nejire. Though they should have been on his soul marked bearer.

However, that's not his fault. Y/n never had the guts to tell him or to correct him on his mistake. She was practically the one who pushed him in Nejire's direction.

Nejire always claimed that she lived under Y/n's shadow.

Still, here she was, watching her little sister take the only thing she ever wanted. The person the universe claimed belonged with her and not Nejire. However, Y/n wasn't selfish. Never with her own blood. Even if people thought otherwise. Nejire was her world, she would give up anything. Anything for her. Even her mate. Her little sister, the one who was always shunned by the rest of their immediate family, and family in Mexico – unlike them, Y/n always did everything for her.

And Y/n never wanted Tamaki in harm's way. No matter how much her soul mark burned to be with him. No matter how much it killed her to see them stare at each other like that.