14. The Big-3 Family Dynamic

"My home, my guidance to radiance.

You've challenged me in life to be better, be better for myself.

The calm to my storming doubts in my heart.

I will never let go of such divinity again.

Never again..."

Songs:

"Us" – James Bay

"Home" – Phillip Phillips

"Lover" – Taylor Swift

"Falling Like The Stars" – James Arthur

-------------------------

Leaning over the kitchen island of his apartment, dark eyes stared intently to the woman who whole heartedly held his heart. Watching in amusement at how her and Mirio again were bickering in the living room for what movie they were going to watch. Always butting heads. Ever since they were younger Tamaki's always had to be the mediator between those two. He really missed this, the three of them always being together.

"Y/n, come here." Tamaki called out gently, stopping an all-out war from happening between his two best friends.

He was freshly showered and, in his pajamas, indigo hair still damp. His arm, just like Y/n's, cleaned and covered in gauze. Their soulmate tattoos still healing from when they reached out to each other. Feeling lighter to finally have her back. Though his heart still felt like she may disappear at any minute, he was going to prove to her that it wasn't all just downhill from here. They would take it day by day.

Y/n and Tamaki would have to work through a lot of baggage, and it would take some time, still, they would do it together, like always. The talk they had was the start of the mending process. There was still so much more, but they were family. And every family had squabbles, even romantic couples.

Tonight, they were watching a movie with Mirio first, before going over everything Y/n experienced while in the hands of Souleater. Nejire was currently on her way to bring them the food ordered.

Y/n with a warm smile, feeling elated and giddy – heart not as heavy, walked over to him. A growing smile on his handsome face the closer she got. His dark eyes not seeming as lost anymore, watching her intently and with love behind those dark eyes of his. A teasing hue and a small smirk for how easily she always gravitated towards him.

"What's up handsome?" Her voice was soft at first, completely different than how she spoke with Mirio. However, quickly turning stern, "If you ask to take the floor again, I'm hitting you. I told you I'm fine with sharing the couch, besides it's okay to do normal couple stuff in front of our dinkus pet. You shouldn't be so nervous, it's just me."

Huffing amused, he shook his head. "No, that's not what I called you for. Can you just come here for a sec." He reached out for her hand, which she gladly gave. His larger palm, though slim overtook her smaller one.

Y/n stepping closer to him, tilted her head back to look at him. She saw his eyes narrow, fixating on her neck, taking her hand gentle into his own. Their fingers intertwining, his thumb doing small circles on her inner wrist. Feeling her soul mark almost sigh out in bliss when feeling the loving gesture on her skin. He's been doing that all night, touching her somehow. Letting her know he wasn't going anywhere.

"What's wrong?"

"Did he do this to you? Touch you or hurt you at all, force you to do something you didn't want to do?" He whispered, fingers delicately running over the red print on her neck that would surely bruise later.