13. Falling Apart and Coming Together

(I freaking love the Niall Horan song 💜.)

Songs:

"Falling Apart" – Michael Schulte

"Home" – Matthew Hall

"Flicker" – Niall Horan

-------------------------------

"Reach for my hand and take it in yours.

Hold on tight my dear, as I'll hold on tightly on to you,

Let me hold you, let me love you how we're meant to.

Don't do this alone, please don't do this alone..."

Wrapped in a warm blanket, gaze fixated outside towards the dark night – watching the twinkling lights of the dark city, the calming mood giving her nostalgia. She never thought she would be back here, alive. Long ago she accepted death by who she thought was the enemy. Now she felt confused, heart aching for him. It was crazy to think there was a version of herself out there that would ever harm Tamaki. She didn't know what happened, however, simply with the way he acted and how he lashed out. Well, she could tell it was bad.

And worst of all, he was being used for an insane plan of getting rid of soul mate marks that was probably impossible to achieve. She would have to fight him, and she didn't know if she could do that.

Her heart was weeping, opening old wounds she's been trying to fix by herself this whole time.

When her Tamaki brought her back here, there wasn't much he told her. However, he wouldn't leave her side. She didn't know what to talk to him about, how to even start a conversation with her best friend anymore. They haven't spoken normally in almost three years and now that the truth was out, what would happen between them?

Clearly, she loves him. Always will, still, would he take her with open arms after the pain she caused him and herself?

Did she deserve to have him at all?

This whole chain reaction started all because of a lie. A lie she told and made him believe. Involving her sister, Mirio and everyone else who was made to believe the lie of Tamaki and Nejire being soulmates. Including the media, their fans and all of Japan.

At the time, she truly thought she was doing him a favor to stay away from him because of the stupid mark. However, this whole time it's been killing them both slowly. She felt ashamed and regretful of her decisions. On their way here when she asked, he told her of the three-year deadly mark, which they were very close to.

Even if awkward it had to be talked about.

He brought her to his office, not allowing anyone to see her after being gone for months. She's been here all afternoon, him bringing her food and a change of fresh clothes. She was able to shower in his private bathroom, using his shampoo and body wash. The smell of him surrounding and enveloping her into a warm hug with his sweet aroma. Taking care of her with a heavy broken smile. His big clothes keeping her warm.

Silently watching the lights of the city, that reminded her of the galaxy until the day turned to dusk. Wishing somehow to go back in time and stop her idiotic plan.

She was sure there were still a lot of reporters outside wanting to know what happened to her. Fans screaming in joy for finally being back from her kidnapping. Heroes who were working on this case now, occupying the agency's conference room while Tamaki and Mirio talked them down.

They all wanted to speak with her, but what would she say?

That she was kidnapped with the gentlest person to exist? That she was well taken care of for those months she was gone?