19. Found My Forever

(Note: Sorry this took such a long time!  Got a little busy with the holidays! Anyway, I'll try to keep a set schedule. Thank you so much for your support!

Songs:

"Flightless Bird, American Mouth" – Iron and Wine

"Someone To You - Acoustic" – BANNERS

"Dandelions" – Ruth B.

----------------------

"Our love may not be perfect,
However, great relationships, long lasting relationships, aren't easy,
they have problems, ones we will overcome,
we care about each other enough to make it magical."

Amused, Tamaki leaned on the doorframe, and watched Y/n struggle to get her things in the suitcase. He should help her, he wanted to. However, she looked so cute, while she struggled. Upset at the suitcase as though it was her mortal enemy. Y/n's always shown her emotions, she wore her heart on her sleeve. Well, around those she trusted. Her guard was completely down specifically when she was near the timid man. Tamaki loved that she could be her true self with him. She never had to hide her happiness, fear, her annoyance, anger, or sadness.

He still remembers when she tried candy for the first time when they were young. She literally lit up. Her wings sprung out on their own and flapped for how happy she was, shimmering a vibrant blue. Blue was typically associated with sadness, but to Tamaki the blue that surrounded her, Y/n's signature color, became his happiness. It was a simple sweet treat he gave her, some candy to get them through the day at school and when Tamaki handed it to her. At first, she'd been afraid to break one of her father's rules, because of course he never let her live life to the fullest. Y/n was never allowed to step out of line, she had a crazy overprotective father, even with her nutrition.

However, when Tamaki promised he would never betray her and he'd keep this secret, of her eating candy for the first time when they were eight, well she took a chance and believed him. Ever since that day, he brought different snacks to school so she could try them, and God the light in her e/c eyes, her grinning childlike smile. He will never forget it.

Y/n Hado was everything that Tamaki Amajiki strived to be. She always spoke her mind. She didn't struggle with anxiety or with big crowds. He looked up to her, she always pushed him to be better. To live life to the fullest, she made him believe that he also belonged. That he didn't have to apologize to the world for his existence because he also mattered. That this world was also his to enjoy. He wanted to be by her side for the rest of their lives. So far, life has kept their paths entangled. Even through this soulmate bond and all the craziness that came with it, he felt extremely lucky to be her soulmate.

He truly had everything in the world by her side.

Seeing her struggle for a couple of more minutes and just to mess with her, he teased, "All packed?" he asked as she huffed to close her suitcase. Giving her an out, chuckling he took over, "Okay, you're going to hurt yourself, let me close it."

Punching the bag closed she grunted, "This... stupid...thing... just – won't... Ugh!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air and moving aside to let her lovely elf take over. "From what I remember, my nanny Tohru never struggled this much. This is why she wouldn't let me pack my own backpack when we had sleepovers." She absentmindedly commented, and looked up at her Tamaki as though she failed him for not being able to complete the simplest of tasks.

Tamaki laughed softly and took her hands, kissing her knuckles. He moved her gently out of the way and sat her down on the bed.  "Why are you freaking out? Don't you want to be alone with me? You were complaining not too long ago."