Pain and Love - Part 1

"Amma, Amma" a three year old boy called his mother who was in the kitchen. He was holding the grills of his home in the ten storey apartment watching a few men moving things to the opposite flat. 

"Navin kanna come inside " his mother called him but he was smiling at the men who were waving hands at him everytime they came carrying the things.

Navin raised his head to meet a much taller man with a grumpy face and beard. "Hi!" Navin extended his cute and soft little hands towards the man and he gave a gentle smile and shook hands with him.

Navin's mother came at time and pulled back Navin and shut the door at the man's face and screamed in a loud voice at Navin " Ethana vatti solren don't speak to strangers Navin"

"Sorry Maa, inime pesa matten promishhh" Navin hugged his mother.

The man shrinke his face at the gesture and saw the name plate on the wall "Abhinaya Krishnan"

He went into his flat and gave the name to the men to fix on the wall out of his flat and started arranging the very few things he got for him.

Next day he came out and locked his door and went for jogging. When he returned, a girl in her twenties met him and smiled at him but he gave a disgusted look and walked away. 

" Hello sir, neenga dhan pudhusa vandhu irukingala " the girl questioned him. He stopped and turned to her. " I think that is none of your business " he replied and stormed away.

" Correct ah sidumoonji ku opposite la innoru sidumoonji vandhu irukku paaru" the girl mumbled and left from there.

He entered inside and shut the door. Abhinaya startled with the sound of the door shutting and turned to his flat with an irritating face. She was the name plate " Vinay Prathap " and left taking Navin with her.

Abhi left Navin in his preschool and left to office. Her maid Banumathi an elderly lady came and opened her flat and started working. After finishing her works she closed the door and knocked on Vinay's door. He opened the door a little and Banu standing.

"Sir, Naa inga edhir flat vela seiren, ungalukk yedhum vela seiyanum na sollunga sir seiren. Neraya salary kekka matten " Banu said humbly.

" Theva patta solren " Vinay replied curtly and shut the door.

Everybody in the floor spoke with each other except for Vinay and Abhinaya. Both never spoke to anybody and was very reserved. Abhi did not even allow Navin to play with the kids in the floor or in the common park in the community. Navin always played within his home and sometimes watched other kids playing in the corridor. 

Abhi when felt him yearning to play with other kids avoided and kept the door shut. She never spoke to her colleagues too. Her parents visited her once in a while and she did not allow them to stay with her so they left in a day or two after spending time with Navin.

Vinay was an artist and he spent most of his time in sketching his paints. One day he kept the door open and was as usual painting when a ball rolled near him. He took the ball in hand and walked out. He saw Navin behind the grills as usual and he was stretching his hands for ball. Vinay gave the ball to him and returned to his paintings. Again the ball came near him and he returned to it Navin. This repeated for some time and for unknown reasons Vinay could not get angry over the cute little bundle and kept returning the ball.

But remembering the snaps of Abhinaya he did not want Navin get scolded from his mother so he kept his hands on his hips and stared at Navin without giving the ball.

Navin hung his head and then raised to look at Vinay with a puppy face. "Choryyy. Papa pavam la. Ball tharingala..pleechu " Navin pouted cutely making Vinay smile after years for the first time. Vinay ruffled Navin's hairs and gave the ball to him. Navin gave him an air kiss in return for the ball and went inside his home.