May be ...( Part -3 )

Four months has passed and Abhi , Adhira had more than little normal converstions between them. She cooked for both and he helped her in household works. Adhira felt happy to see the changes happening between them. Abhi was happy to see Adhira being herself back like she used to be. He felt a comfortable feel around her and being by her and caring for her felt strangely good for him. He carved to see her smile even for tiniest things he did for her and he happily did things that made her happy. He admired the way she behaved both matured and naive to him.

Weekends they watched movie and did grocery shopping together. He felt happy staying by her side and taking care of her.

On a weekend they were sleeping in their rooms after lunch. Abhi received a call from his mother that Adhira's mother passed away and informed him to reach their native at the earliest. Abhi plumpled on the bed in shock. Adhi lost her father when she was young and she had only her mother and now he felt bad, how would she go through this loss.

He opened her door and saw her sleeping. He shook her gently and she jerked and sat looking at him.

Abhi: Adhira konjam dresses pack pannitu kelambu namma athaiya pakka polam.

Adhi: Amma ku enna achu mama ? Naa morning pesunen appo nalla dhane irundhanga.

She tried to leave the room in search of her mobile but he stopped her and packed her dresses himself in the same bag where he dumped his dresses. He pulled her to the car and started driving immediately.

Adhi: Mama, enna achu yedhachum sollunga.

Abhi: onnum illa da sudden ah mayangitanga sonnanga hospital poi pakkalam. 

She shed tears thinking of her mother. They reached their native in the next three hours and Abhi stopped the car at a distance and looked at her who was still scared for her mother. He took her hands and squeezed and mumbled sorry.

Adhi: Mama ...?????

Abhi nodded his head as no but felt her hands trembling in his hold. He patted her head and opened the door for her. She stood rooted and he took her hand and they walked towards the huge house which was filled with relatives and neighbours with the loud band and conch shell. Adhi clasped her hand around his arms and he side hugged her.

Looking at her mother's lifeless body Adhi lost conscious and Abhi carried her inside the home and sprinkled water on her face. Adhi woke up but did not stop crying. Elders informed Abhi to do the final rites since Adhi was the only daughter. Abhi did everything being a son. At night Adhi and Abhi stayed in the same room since the relatives were still present. Madhuri got a plate of food and took to Adhi's room but Abhi got it from her.

Madhu: Abhi, remember you will leave her so don't give any hopes and make it much more difficult to her by doing everything.

Abhi felt a bucket of ice dropped over his head still he nodded and took the plate from her. At the moment Adhira alone mattered to him, he wanted to be with her, console her, support her and share her pain. He did not want to leave her alone and fed her saying her to be strong. Adhi leaned on to his shoulder and shed tears while Abhi wrapped his hand around her shoulder. His heart ached to see her in pain which he was feeling for the first time in his life.

Abhi Mv: Why is her pain affecting me so much ? Am I giving her hopes by doing this like mom said ? But I cannot leave her alone now and I want be with her in the toughest time. May be because she is my  friend now.

Morning Abhi woke up and saw Adhi sleeping snuggling to him. She was holding his Tshirt in her fist and her even breathe was fanning his neck. He could n't avert his eyes from her and looking at her in this close proximity did ignited a spark in him when she placed her head on his chest and snuggling more due to cold. He felt happy to hold her in his embrace, her calm and innocent face gave an unknown peace to his heart which was very new to him and he never felt it with Lavanya ever.