May be....(Part 1)

On a summer evening Kumar and his wife Madhuri went to the beach since its been long they went on one especially after she fell ill with her second heart attack. The moment her feet touched the sand she felt an unknown happiness that she had lived her life to the best. A loving and caring husband, their only son Abhinav who loved their parents and could do anything for them.

She remembered the day when she pleaded her son to get married to her brother's daughter Adhira for her sake. Though he hesitated he agreed looking at his mother lying in the hospital bed. Madhuri felt so happy and immediately after she was discharged from the hospital Abhinav and Adhira got married in a simple ceremony as Abhinav wanted it in a simple manner with only closed kins around. 

Its been two months she had seen Abhinav and Adhira living in his apartment close to his office and she could see how happy they were when they visited once in 10 days. May be she was wrong or she thought she observed right.

When they reached the shore her happiness did not last as she saw Abhinav with girl a playing in water being all lovey and dovey. She could say what was between them afterall she is not that dumb. Before Kumar could notice she pretended to be tired and returned home. That night she could not sleep. Did she do the right by marrying Abhinav to Adhira ? If Abhinav is not interested in the marriage then what will happen to Adhira ? Why did Abhinav accept to marry Adhira if he loved someone else ? Should she speak to that girl and plead to leave from Abhi's life ? Should she plead Abhi to forget her and start his life Adhi ? Should she seek forgiveness from Adhira for bringing her into this mess and spoiling her life ? She had no answers but one thing she knew ...destiny....yes ...no two people get into the married life unless they are destined so she prayed god to let her in the path of faith.

Next day Madhuri paid a sudden visit to Abhi and Adhira's flat after knowing Abhi must have gone to office. Adhira who was watching TV did not expect her mother in law's arrival and panicked.

Adhira:Athai, enna sudden vandhu irukinga ...Abhi mama office poitaru, vara sollava ?

Madhuri:Venam Adhi, naa chumma unna pathutu polam nu vandhen.. Life eppadi pogudhu ?

Adhir: Super ah pogdhu, Mama nalla pathukuraru. Nethu kooda dinner poitu vandhom. 

Madhu: Seri ippo enakku oru super coffee podu da. Just want to feel the taste of your magic.

Adhi fidgeted her shawl and moved to the kitchen to prepare the coffee. Madhuri opened the master bedroom and saw only Abhi's things in it. She opened the guest room and saw Adhi's things in it. Adhi who heard the sound of the doors shut her eyes knowing the truth is out.

Adhira Mv: What will I tell Athai now, that mama is not interested in this marriage and doesn't even speak to me. I can't hurt her, she loves her son so much.

She brought the coffee and gave it to Madhuri and sat silently waiting for the train of questions but Madhuri spoke nothing just smiled at her. Afternoon she prepared lunch for Adhi and they had together still Madhuri remained quite. Adhi could not take anymore and tried to speak.

Adhi: Athai, Actually I wanted some time before starting the life so I was the one who decided to stay in separate room until then. I just need some time hope you understand.

Madh: If not me who will understand you better Adhi. If I had not understood that you loved Abhi from your childhood then how would I got you married to him ? I believe in you Adhi and your love.

Madhuri left from there without further questions and reached Abhi's office where he worked as a senior executive manager. Knowing Madhuri has arrived Abhinav rushed and hugged her but from her face he knew there was something troubling her. He took her to the nearby cafe and ordered her favourite cold coffee.