Pain and Love - Part 3

Vinay was trying to forget the eyes that started to haunt him recently. He avoided looking at Abhi's eyes when they met everytime. Abhi too was in the same state. All these years she never looked at any men or felt different for anybody all her life but Vinay's kind and humble nature and his care for Navin and her made it difficult to stop thinking about him. She knew that she could not develop any feelings for Vinay or anyone but the poor heart betrayed her everytime when Vinay met them.

Vinay and Abhi never entered each other's home but he cooked dinner for them and gave her when she returned from office. The other people in the floor started gossiping about Vinay and Abhi but the duo never cared about them and ignored them completely.

On a sunday Navin came to Vinay who was painting and sat grumpily on the couch. Vinay saw him and chuckled at his cute pout.

"Enna achu hero ku, yen ippadi irukinga " Vinay stopped his work and turned his attention to him.

" Po vinay naa unmela kovama irukken" Navin turned his face to other side.

" Paruda, kovama irukkaram, ennada kovam sollu seri pannuvom " Vinay sat next to him and pulled him closer but Navin jumped and stood opposite to him with his hands on his hips.

" Inga paaru unnoda paintings la wall la vechurukke, naa panna paintings lam vekkala, Po unpechu kaa" Navin turned the other side.

Vinay silently went to his room and brought a 12x18 sized album and showed it to Navin who sat on the floor and opened the album and squealed in happiness. He jumped on Vinay's lap and kissed him on his cheek.

Album had all the sheets that Navin had stroked. Vinay had not left even a single sheet and made it into an album.

"Thank you Vinay, idha naa amma kitta kattava ?" Navin asked and Vinay smiled "Adhu unakku dhan eduthukko "

Navin quickly moved towards the door but stopped and looked at Vinay.

" Appo unakku ennoda drawing vendama ?" Navin pouted.

"Dey amma kitta kuduthutu vaa solren " Vinay told him and moved to his room.

" Amma, Amma , seekiram vaa, inga paaru Vinay enakku drawing solli kudutharu la adhellam album la potrukaru " He caught her hands and pulled out of kitchen and showed every drawings and explained what was in the drawing as Abhi could not know what he had drawn.

"Po maa, unakku drawing pathi edhuvum theriyala, Vinay ellame super ah irukku sonnaru theriyuma. Naa Vinay kitta poren, bye " he just vanished in a seconds from her eyes entering Vinay's home.

Navin stopped when he saw Vinay removing all his paintings from the wall.

"Vinay yen edukure ellathaiyum " Navin pulled Vinay's shirt.

"Wait panni paaru da" Vinay took the drawings of Navin and placed those on the wall. " Ippo ok va hero sir ?" Vinay cocked his eyebrow.

Navin again went to his home and dragged Abhi to Vinay's home. Abhi was stubborn but Navin pulled her and Abhi for the first time stepped in Vinay's home and saw all Navins drawings on the wall.

"Sorry Navin iluthutu vandhutan," Abhi stood fidgeting with the hem of her top.

"Paravala, sit down. I will get something to drink" Vinay quickly moved to kitchen and brought the chocolate cup cakes he made for Navin and gave it to Abhi and Navin.

"Vinay, nalaikku vanilla cake seiriya ?" Navin asked Vinay feeding him back the half cake he had eaten.

Abhi saw his home from her peripheral view. Navin ran to the kitchen to drink water. Abhi stopped him but Vinay replied that Navin was familiar with everything in his home and she relaxed.