Love Letter

Life couldn't be a bed of roses for anyone all the time and the bitter truth is that it hurts like hell when we lose someone close..pretty close that we could wish the sun never rise and let us drown in the deep pit of night and mourn over the loss or better relive the moments of the person reminiscing the days we spent with them.

Ashwanth came out of his room and slumped on the couch, his face void of any emotions. He saw his 3 years old daughter Shivani walking towards him yawning and stretched her hands to be lifted. He carried her to his lap and moved the hairs that were disturbing her beautiful face. He looked around the living, the place which was filled with only laughter until one week ago, the day he lost the most important person of his life.

Priya, his wife came with his tea and milk for their daughter and picked her from his lap. She watched Ashwanth looking at the photo of his mother Sandhya on the wall. The beautiful woman whom they all loved the most, the selfless woman cared for everyone and lived all her life loving everyone unconditionally may be she loved her husband Adhavan a little more until the day they lost her due to the sudden cardiac arrest. She rested herself in the arms of death with a smile plastered on her face. 

Ashwanth grew up watching their parents so in love with each other. They had been so understanding and stood by each other in all their ups and downs. They have been a great support in each other's careers. Adhavan had been a pillar to her when she had to balance her singing career and personal life liekwise Sandhya would understand and supported Adhavan when he had to travel for weeks or months for his shoots. They had made their own place among the fans and a had a great fan following. 

They had never been like usual parents and let Ashwanth live his life to his passion and that made him build his own career in the field of sound and graphic engineering. He had worked on many film and now has a reputation in the industry.

Priya touched his shoulder and he moved his gaze from his mother to his wife who was trying her best to support him when she was herself grieving in the loss.

Priya: Ashwanth, mom won't be happy to see you like this. For once go check on dad. I m hardly able to make him eat with help of Shivani. I know you couldn't get over the loss but think of your dad, he had been in love with mom for 37 years. They were living like one soul in two body. Please go check on him, he just sit in the terrace watching the plants mom had grown.

Ashwanth: Where is he now ?

Priya: I saw him leaving the room, may be in the garden or terrace. Go check on him and I will tell maid to clean his room.

Ashwanth nodded and picked his daughter and went in search of his father.

Ashwanth found his father watering the plants that were Sandhya's favourite and it was as if she was living with him through them. He saw his father who looked as if he had lost his life too. He was present physically but his mind was on his wife who gave up on him and failed to fight the death and left him alone making his life a hell. 

Ashwanth: Appa, shall we go out somewhere, Shivani is feeling so lonely. We will have some father son time too. Its been long time pa.

Adhavan nodded his head looking at his grand daughter whom he picked up and started watering holding the hose in her hand. Once they finished watering Adhavan returned to his room to get ready and he searched for his old wallet which he had placed on the bed before he left to water the plant. When he couldn't find it he came out calling for Adhavan who also rushed out hearing his father's panicked voice.

Ashwanth: Appa, enna achu ? Yen ivlo tension ah irukinga ?

Adhavan: Yen room la oru pazhaiya wallet irundhuchu adhu kanom pa. Paathiya ?