⤷ 𝟘𝟠,, 𝕥𝕨𝕠 𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕨𝕠 𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕞𝕦𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕤

coincidence is a funny thing, you know?

you don't really believe in it and think that things are just bad luck, or good luck. nothing about coincidence or faith makes sense.

and you thought that seeing akaashi and bokuto would just be one of those bad luck moments that just randomly happen to you because life hates you. one of those things that just happen to you because your life always works as if things need to go wrong.

oh, sometimes you feel like the main character in some sort of story.

yeah, just bad luck...

because coincidences don't exist.

and you were right.

because this was all planned, and haruko already talked to bokuto before you were even in the mall. haru and bokuto already told each other that they were here.

those pieces of shit—

"another caramel macchiato?"

you stop your cursing in yourself as you look up and thank the guy from before as he gives you the caramel macchiato.

your favourite drink, back at you again.

"thank you. actually can you give us four muffins to go with these? two chocolate ones and two vanilla ones. the guy with the freckles is paying!"

haru widens his eyes, "no–"

"he will! thank you."

the waiter nods and is gone again.

"y/n, that was mean."

you shrug and ignore the guy that betrayed you. so you turn your head back to akaashi.

even though you thought it was going to be weird to see akaashi again, it was actually pretty nice.

you missed him and bokuto a whole lot and you're happy that you got to see them. even though they have to leave tomorrow, it's good running into them.

and even though haru was the one that arranged all of this because he and bokuto thought it would be better to face each other before nationals than at nationals, it was still good.

you're happy.

and sometimes it takes a lot to be happy.

but this time, it was just seeing your friends from vacation, and one to who you confessed to.

"have you guys been up to anything the past weeks?" haruko asks akaashi and bokuto after a small silence (with haruko mumbling because he's paying for four muffins. smh haruko it ain't even that bad).

bokuto nods, "yeah! we had a training with other teams a couple weeks back, it was pretty cool. we had a lot of fun people to play with! one was really small but funny! he can jump really well. and there was a tall guy with glasses that kuroo and i practiced with!"

haruko smiles, "oh that's cool! y/n you should arrange something like that with teams too for inarizaki! that would be awesome. bokuto and akaashi had fun."

"bokuto had fun, yes. it was alright," akaashi mumbles and you chuckle (in yourself).

you pout at haruko's words. "i don't like arranging things as the manager."

"have you found a new one yet?"

aaaand bokuto's words cut like knives because dammit you damn know you have to look for another one.

"no..." you mumble, sighing. "i um... i kinda forgot the past weeks, and no one wants to and i don't blame them."

"me neither. i wouldn't take on that job either. it seems so boring to me, i don't even know what you do."

"make posters or something, arrange things, talk to the coach and others. i don't even know myself, i'm just winging it."

"so no new one?"

"don't remind me!"

you sigh and lay your head down on the table as you look at the coffee in front of you.

"i might just stay for another year. the twins and suna like me there and it's kinda fun to be around them with volleyball. so maybe i should just ask people to join me instead of having them take the job for me?" you think out loud.

akaashi smiles at you, "sounds like a good idea. we have two managers as well and they're great."

"i love yukie and kaori!"

bokuto says exitedly. his eyes get wide and even more exited when he sees the waiter with the muffins.

bokuto takes a vanilla one and so does haruko. you and akaashi take the chocolate ones.

when you're about to grab yours, akaashi's hand moves to the same one. you blush as your hands bump into each other.

"oh, i'm sorry. you can take that one."

he's about to grab the other one, but you obviously had the same idea and want to grab the other one too.

"oh um–"

bokuto starts to laugh and takes both the muffins to place them in front of you and akaashi.

"there you go! enjoy the muffin!"

yeah that was awkward.

and not only because your and akaashi's hands touched, no more because the waiter was standing there like 🧍🏼‍♂️.

you awkwardly grab your muffin and take a bite, the chocolate of the muffin all spreading around your mouth. can't your life be nice for once?

and as on cue, akaashi looks at you and chuckles. "y/n you..." he pauses for a bit and smiles. "you got something on your face."

you turn even more red and wipe your face. "right, that was stupid. aha, always those chocolate muffins eh?"

he nods a little. "of course."

haruko and bokuto smirk to one another and give each other a high five.

"mission accomplished," they both mouth to each other before they dig into their coffee and muffin.

meanwhile you and akaashi are the biggest messes you have ever been.

( ✰ )

author's note🥸

hahahahahaha i'm sorry not sorry

edit: you will hate me