⤷ 𝟛𝟛,, 𝕒𝕝𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥

it happened.

inarizaki just lost.

with your eyes wide, you make your way towards your team, who all have tears in their eyes as they think back to the match.

it was the first time that you have ever seen them lose a game, and it was devastating. hell, it probably made it worse now that you know that you lost against kageyama's team.

but boy, was he good. sure, inarizaki is good too. inarizaki is a powerhouse school, a school that knows their volleyball well, a school with japan's best high school setter. but it wasn't enough today.

the second set was smoothly for inarizaki though, you saw it happen. they won that match easily, karasuno not even hitting the twenty in that set. but the tie breaker? they lost.

you sigh as you feel the sadness taking over your body as well, seeing the team so sad makes you sad too.

why is this so sad, though?

you bite your lip, looking back at a few sets that happened during the game.

this game was one of the most intense games that you've ever seen in your life. and you've seen quite a few, being friends with the twins and suna for a long time and all that, but this? this was different. this was way more intense than you've ever seen.

you were almost there.

you almost won.

karasuno was one hell of a team. god, even the tiny ones, they were great. and that tall middle blocker? he knew what he was doing. and kageyama? such a damn hottie setting for his team.

you start to gather your things around, feeling the sadness taking over your body. it seems almost unfair that inarizaki lost. it hurts kita so much.

"oi, dumbass."

you're taken aback by the sound of his voice.

you turn around and are met by his blue eyes boring into yours. he's holding out his hand, and you grab it. he shakes your hand and nods at you.

"good game. inarizaki is good, but so are we," he says, the last bit making him smile a little. "and we won in the end, like i told you we would. but, i must admit, it was hard to win. i got scared the second set."

the sadness from before vanishes a little as you see the smile around kageyama's face.

"yeah, it was a good game. i loved seeing it," you admit, moving your head a little to the side. "you're indeed a good setter, kageyama-kun."

he chuckles, "i told you so. you should trust me on my words sometimes."

you chuckle as well.

you two are interrupted by atsumu yelling over the court. you turn your head towards him, and see him pointing at the ginger haired kid.

"shoyo-kun," he calls, a smirk on his face. "i'm going to be the one setting to you one day."

you frown, "is he for real?" you ask no one in particular.

kageyama shrugs, only now letting go of your hand. "probably. he can have him, hinata kinda sucks."

you can't help it but let out a small laugh, bumping him on his arm, "that's rude to say, even if you don't really like him. you do kinda make him better."

"yeah, that's the only reason he's on the court."

you can tell he actually does mean that.

you shake your head, then looking at your team. atsumu and osamu are arguing again, kita is just standing next to it and not doing anything, and suna has a bored look on his face.