⤷ 𝟙𝟚,, 𝕙𝕖𝕣

kageyama's pov~

it's her.

the one kageyama has been trying to avoid, successfully might he add, for years now. the one he doesn't want to think about ever again.

so why is she here?

kageyama watches you as you walk away from the counter after grabbing your coffee. you seem out of it, to not register half of the things that happen around you, if not all the things.

you seem so out of it, like you've seen a ghost.

she's here at tokyo university.

but what the hell is she doing here?

kageyama takes his eyes away from you and turns around to look at the menu, scanning all the lines. he still needs to decide what he wants to order.

"what can i get for you?"

he looks down and is met with yaku, the one who witnessed the whole scene unfold in front of him.

let's say he did not like it in the slightest.

"caramel macchiato for me," kageyama answers, then looking at lore. "what about you?"

"oh– um, a raspberry frappé please."

kageyama nods, "and that one. pay by card please."

yaku nods, "name?"

"kageyama."

"okay, it will be ready."

kageyama frowns as he looks at yaku. the guy is focusing his eyes on him with every step he takes, and he has no clue why.

like what the hell did he do wrong?

the dark haired boy decides to let go of the unsettling feeling of yaku's eyes and guides lore towards the counter where they have to wait for their drinks.

this position gives him the perfect view to look at her.

that fucking bitch—

"who was that girl?" lore asks kageyama, her brown eyes looking into his dark blue ones. "it seemed like you two knew each other."

kageyama shrugs, "no one important. we just... have a past."

lore scrunches her nose, "what is that supposed to mean?"

"it's her."

"ooooohhhh," lore mumbles, then looking at you.

you're sitting at the table and slowly sipping on your coffee. you seem focused on something in front of you as your friend is talking to you.

"she seems nicer than the things you told me. she's actually really pretty."

kageyama scoffs, "she's a bitch. there's no nice thing about her," he says with an eye roll.

"let's get away from here as soon as we can," he mumbles, his eyes on the counter. the next drinks aren't theirs yet, but he really wants to get away from this café and away from the place where she is.

away from the place where the girl is that he once longed for.

( ✰ )

back to your pov~

you never knew you could be this hurt by someone.

to be this hurt over him.

over fucking kageyama.

it's pathetic, really, to let him control your feelings like this. he's an asshole and he shouldn't make you feel this way.