𝕝𝕖𝕥'𝕤 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜

NOTE:
i wrote this originally before i unpublished my story for a bit, but decided to keep this at the front now.

you can skip it, it has nothing to do with the plot, really. it's just that a few things didn't get unnoticed by me and i wanted to clear things up before anyone reads further or starts reading the story.

i've edited it to make things a bit more clear and not have my feelings in the way like i originally had when i ranted about this. i'm not here to be mean or anything, i'm just here to talk about some things because i get a lot of comments about this story that sometimes just kinda hurt my feelings.

don't take this the wrong way, i'm not mad, just a little sad that it has to go this way, as i just want to appreciate my own story and have others enjoy it too! i love writing for this so it's a shame it has to go this way, but i feel like i can't continue this story if i don't put this up front for clearance.

i hope you stay safe and take care of yourself! i appreciate you all! thank you so much for reading this story, really. <3

now onto my little rant and making things more clear,

this is what i wanted to say:

yo, let's talk.

about what, you may ask?

well...

it's about the story "number buddy", a kageyama texting fic that is probably the most known kageyama fic on this app if i have to believe the many comments i get about the story on my stories.

"ey, remember that one thing that happened in number buddy?" — a comment on my story you bastard.

now don't get me wrong, i'm not here to hate on the fic (pls, i would never, i'm sure the fic is great hence why it has a lot of reads!!).

i'm just here to adress some things, because it didn't came unnoticed to me that there are a lot of comments out there saying that this book looks like number buddy. i guess sometimes people seem to forget that there are more writers and kageyama fics out there.

and i'm gonna start with probably the most important thing.

i haven't read the fic.

that's for starters.

i've only heard about it from you guys, or from one of my friends that has read the fic. i understand there are similarities, but honestly those are just weird coincidences.

i've been a writer for years, it started when i was in middle school and wrote stories in notebooks. later i went on wattpad in 2014 and i haven't left since (those were cringe days.)

so believe me when i say that there is no way i would want to copy anyone's story! i've been writing for ages, i know coming up with stories is hard, and i know how devastating it can be when it seems like people are stealing your idea. and i won't ever do that, because that's not how i am.

i'm sure this is all a misunderstanding and huge coincidence that they are similar. like i said, i don't know what is exactly, but i've had a few people tell me what is similar. i can understand that, and i can understand it's hard to believe when there are so many similarities, but i promise you i'm not stealing anything. as a writer that has written many stories, that's literally the last thing i would think about.

all i've written in here are things that have happened in my life or are similar to my life. y/n is an extension from me. from the things she likes, from the way she acts and reacts to, all the way towards the things she says and maybe does. she's similar to me, hence why this story has always been close to me. if that's the same to another story then i guess our lives might be a little the same? which isn't that weird since we're all people here that like bands, that like series and tv shows, and that have a love for writing and reading. we are similar in some way.

so yeah, this story might look like someone else's on the outside... but it can't be, because it's similar to my life if that makes sense?

i could literally give you a list of what has happened in my life that i added to this but that would for one spoil the story and ruin the fun, but i'm also certain no one really cares.

i'm just an author that likes to write, after all. and that's all :)

so yeah. that's all i needed to say for starters. there is more down here about the comments i'm getting on a daily basis about this story, but i'm gonna delete that so you can skip it since this chapter is WAY too long and this whole rant is in my book "maniac" anyway.

so a little summary of what was down there:
— writers can't always come up with original ideas because some things might be the same (story elements)
— something about jonah from why don't we because something he did was the inspiration for "you bastard" and this story is inspired by that story of mine
— some things about comments of number buddy that appear almost every chapter
— this story comes from my imagination
— more things i said but is written above this bit
— me saying i'm just ranting because i was a little in my feels
— rant over.

okay that's it.

i'm sorry for this, but it seems like i kinda have to publish it or i feel like i can't enjoy writing and publishing my own story anymore. i'm sorry.

i appreciate you all a whole lot so thank you for reading and being here :) i appreciate it a lot <3

love, riley