Chapter 17

When Qiao Jing Jing and big sister Ling arrived at the arranged place of meeting, they found out that they were not the only ones invited. There were also the rumoured, tentative male leading actor and his agent.

Director Li's assistant was very apologetic. "There is something pressing in Beijing and we've to go back at night, so we had everyone meet together. You don't mind, right?"

There was nothing really to mind, since everyone was only chatting together.

Director Li was very friendly. Everyone drank tea together, and they didn't talk too much about the movie. These famous great directors have their own method of observing people. Sometimes, an unconscious word or action will decide whether you successfully get the role.

After chatting for about half an hour, when they were talking about some currently-fashionable stuff, the male leading actor's agent suddenly said, "Jing Jing, we're also playing the game that you're the game ambassador for. It's really very popular but very difficult to advance in ranked match. When will you take us along?"

There was silence around the table. Big sister Ling's eyes were about to spit fire.

None of Director Li's people spoke, but Qiao Jing Jing said, "What is your ranking?"

The agent said: "I'm only platinum." (ranking from low to high: bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, star, strongest king and king of glory)

Qiao Jing Jing calmly said: "My ranking is high, so if I take you along, it will increase the difficulty. Give me your mobile phone and I will help you play a game."

Qiao Jing Jing's Wang Zhaojun carried the team to win the game and also took the winning-side MVP (Most Valuable Player) title.

At the end, when he was leaving, Director Li's smile was very kind. "Both of you young people are pretty good, but Jing Jing..." He suddenly mentioned Qiao Jing Jing by name.

"This role is very suitable for you, except that you are too thin. Thus you may need to gain a little weight."

Big sister Ling's eyes immediately lit up.

After Qiao Jing Jing left, Yu Tu cleaned out the dust in the projector, and then there was nothing else to do. He returned to the living room and began to think deeply on why he had agreed to wait for Qiao Jing Jing to come back. But the main point seemed even more to be, why did Qiao Jing Jing feel at ease leaving him alone in her home?

Zhai Liang sent a message over, "What are you doing? I didn't see you all day long."

He replied: "Looking after the house."

Zhai Liang: "??? You're not home."

He turned on the computer and concentrated on looking over some work-related information. After an hour, he received a call from Qiao Jing Jing.

"Yu Tu, I'll tell you a piece of good news."

"Did you get the role?"

"More or less, but the most important thing is... Director Li said..." Qiao Jing Jing's tone was very ecstatic, so Yu Tu thought that the great director must have given her some kind of acknowledgment. He was about to listen with full attention, when he heard a joyful announcement from that side.

"He said I'm too thin!"

Yu Tu: "..."

"You're still in my house, right? Come down. Let's go freeload a meal."

When Yu Tu arrived at the underground garage, Xiao Zhu waved at him from the car. He walked over and got into the car. Qiao Jing Jing said, "Today is the birthday of big sister Ling's husband, so she went home first. We'll go to her house to freeload a meal and give her a surprise."