Chapter 20

Outside the small meeting room, big sister Ling pulled Xiao Zhu and used her eyes to signal her to go inside. "What's going on? Why did she come to the studio three days in a row?"

Xiao Zhu said softly: "She seems to have quarreled with teacher Yu because he did not show up in the past few days."

"Wasn't it still good a few days ago?" Big sister Ling let go of Xiao Zhu and pushed open the door of the meeting room.

Qiao Jing Jing was leaning on the sofa and lost in thought. She appeared somewhat dispirited and downcast, so big sister Ling intended to tell her a piece of good news to raise her spirit.

"Jing Jing, director Li's side had sent over the contract, the terms were pretty good. Furthermore, when the news was spread, those who came to discuss about TV drama offered an increase in filming fees."

Big sister Ling announced a figure with a very happy expression.

There was no change in Qiao Jing Jing's expression. Big sister Ling waved her hand in front of Qiao Jing Jing's eyes, so she looked up at her and suddenly asked, "Am I worth so much money?"

Big sister Ling was surprised.

Qiao Jing Jing asked again: "It'll take at most five months to film a TV drama, am I worth so much?"

"Why you're not worth it? The TV stations and also online video streaming websites are fighting over your dramas because advertisers are scrambling to put their ads, so the TV stations and video streaming websites will not lose money. How can you not worth it? Wang Liu and Yue Xiao Hua are also fast approaching this figure."

"I am not comparing with them."

"Then who are you comparing with?"

Qiao Jing Jing did not answer her. After a while, she lowered her eyes. "I wonder if this is very unreasonable?"

"It's not unreasonable." Big sister Ling sat down beside her. "To tell the truth, I've also thought about this issue. But the current market is like this. Even if you don't take, others are still taking. Even if you don't take this money, the production company will still sell the drama you filmed at that price. Ultimately, the difference will fall into the investor's pocket. Thus it is meaningless for you to think whether this is a question of reasonableness."

"Furthermore, I ask you, if someone is looking for you to film a drama and willing to give you tens of millions, would you say that you only want a few million?"

Qiao Jing Jing pursed up her lips and told the truth: "No."

"So what is the point for you to think about this? This topic is too deep. Let's concentrate on filming the drama properly, don't deviate from the norm, be worthy of people's work of art and money and do the charity that you ought to do for real."

After big sister Ling finished talking in one breath, she asked probingly. "Why are you suddenly thinking about these? Where is teacher Yu?"

Qiao Jing Jing's eyelashes were fretting, and she took the phone and started playing the game without saying a word. Big sister Ling vaguely understood, so she didn't say anything again. She watched her play for a while, then got up and left.

Qiao Jing Jing played two ranked matches, was in a daze for a while, then opened WeChat. The finger strolled down the list and clicked on a certain name.

She had seen that three words several times in the past few days.

"I am sorry."

She had immediately seen this message on that day, but she simply didn't want to reply him.